Simon Cowell 'more famous than God or the Queen'

Is it right/acceptable that Simon Cowell is more famous than God or the Queen?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
Simon Cowell is more famous than God or the Queen, according to a survey of British children aged under 10.

Link

Oh wow, what can I say? Shows how much TV children watch these days. Is it me or did anyone else watch programmes like the X-Factor when you were 8,9,10? I know I was out playing football and doing other outdoor activities like that.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's only a short survery to be honest, of 1,600 kids. However it is a little saddening to think even that minority think that Simon Cowell is more famous than the God or the Queen. I think you're right about how much TV they watch but not many people can stop that apart from the parents and even they can sometimes be limited to what they can do in cases.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That guy who is a judge on the X-Factor, Slacks people off and has Fake Teeth.

I think he was joking (I hope he was)!

I saw this yesterday. I think kids of the next generation will see more and more celebrities becoming more famous than the traditional values. Just the way things are moving forward. To be fair, the Queen doesn't deserve to be up there really as she does naff all.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors

I saw this yesterday. I think kids of the next generation will see more and more celebrities becoming more famous than the traditional values. Just the way things are moving forward. To be fair, the Queen doesn't deserve to be up there really as she does naff all.

Common misconception, the Queen and the royal family bring in so much wealth into the UK its untrue. We'd be struggling without it. I'm not going to go and find statistics as I cannot be arsed!

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But personally she does nothing. It's just ridiculous how someone born in to a family can have so much power without doing absolutely anything.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'm glad he beat God. If God was allowed they'd surely have to accept Harry Potter as well?

Not surprising in the slightest tbh. Children spend much more time watching TV and playing Video games than learning. They're not encouraged to discover the quest for knowledge, resulting in it being far more fun to watch X Factor than learn about The Monarchy. I'll be honest myself, I don't really know what she does, I know she brings in a heck of alot of wealth to the country, but besides that my knowledge pretty much stops. Not surprised Cowell finished above The Queen.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
What about doing a survey in america?
He does an X-Factor type programme over there too, think it's called American Idol or something.

I heard this story on the radio yesterday. Let's face it he isn't more famous than God or The Queen. How can you ask someone who the most famous person is anyway? Let alone asking a child that question. Is there a scale of famousness that I am unaware of? You are either famous or you are not, there is no scale apart from the number of people who have heard of you. The only way you can ask this question is to give people a list and ask them to tick who they have heard of and cross who they haven't. You can't ask people to name the most famous person and take results from that, the question being asked is backwards.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors

Why would he be joking, we have our own versions of Idol and X Factor, with Australian judges. I know who Cowell is but it's not unusual for an Australian to not know who he is. We have our version of him though, Ian 'Dicko' Dickson, who is coincidentally British himself (although an Australia citizen).

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
simon-cowell-picture-1.jpg

asshole

Users who are viewing this thread