Snooker: anybody else play?

D

Dutch

Hello all: I have recently taken up snooker again after a break and a rest(puns intended!). Does anybody else play? What is your highest break. Mine is 63. I am practicing as much as possible but it is a hard game to master.

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Played at a high-ish level in my junior days with a best of 83. A 5 year break and complete change of mindest when playing the game has made me rubbish. :(

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Best competitive break is 64 - highest level I played was Div 1 of the Bham Leagues. Basically stopped playing when my eyesight deteriorated too much :(

D

Dutch

Played at a high-ish level in my junior days with a best of 83. A 5 year break and complete change of mindest when playing the game has made me rubbish. :(

83! Nice. What kind of change in mindset do you mean???

Sureshot

Executive member
83! Nice. What kind of change in mindset do you mean???

Well, now I'm not playing competitive snooker, I have no goal to aim for, it's just a game of fun, whereas it used to be about competition. My concentration is quite poor now, I don't think anything like enough about the game. I've lost some of the fundamental skills I learnt from my coach, playing off the cushion being the main one.

I've got a fantastic new club though, it's a private club and it's quite cheap, most importantly the atmosphere is great. They do leagues/tournaments and i hope to compete in them soon, but I'm busy on league night day. I'm starting to get back in to it and am also looking to try and find the last snooker game on the PS3, as I'm told it's very good. It seems to be painfully difficult to buy it anywhere though.

Manly

Thor
I always play pool. Apart from once; me and my mate did six frames in six hours. Never again...

My highest 'break' was 7.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Used to have a small snooker table in my room. Played it a lot when I was younger. Not played at all lately.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah our house is pretty big actually, sucks when we all gotta' clean up though :p

From time to time I do play by myself (Yes, this sentence does have a dual interperation ;)) but its obviously a lot more fun when you've got mates over to play as well.

Picked it up 3 years ago for around nearly AU$1500. Including the balls, 4 cue sticks and the other accessories.

D

Dutch

Yeah our house is pretty big actually, sucks when we all gotta' clean up though :p

From time to time I do play by myself (Yes, this sentence does have a dual interperation ;)) but its obviously a lot more fun when you've got mates over to play as well.

Picked it up 3 years ago for around nearly AU$1500. Including the balls, 4 cue sticks and the other accessories.

Yeah you can get a snooker table relatively cheaply: you just need the room to put it in! Is it a full size table?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, legit snooker table.

Other then the small chip in the wood from my cricket bat due to me 'celebrating a century', its in perfect nick.

D

Dutch

Yeah, legit snooker table.

Other then the small chip in the wood from my cricket bat due to me 'celebrating a century', its in perfect nick.

Do you mean a century break?:eek: I have a long way to go before I get any where near that!

Users who are viewing this thread