Socceroos Fifa World Cup Adventure

How far will the socceroos go in the FIFA World Cup?

• Total voters

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Socceroos Fifa World Cup Adventure

The 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany is fast approaching and Australia are gripped in football fever. The Australian socceroo's lead by Dutch coach Guus Hiddink have announced 3 vital warm up games before the tournament commences in June.

Football Australia Chief Executive Officer John O?Neill announced at a press conference today that Australia will play the following fixtures before their opening clash with Japan in Kaiserslautern on June 12.

Australia Fixtures:
May 25th: Greece - (MCG)
June 4th: Netherlands - (Rotterdam)
June 8th: Liechtenstein - (Ulm)

Germany World Cup 2006
June 12th: Japan (Kaiserslautern)
June 18th: Brazil (Munich)
June 22nd: Croatia (Stuttgart)

(Australian coach Guus Hiddink will be crucial if Australia are to succeed in Germany)

In case you havent allready guessed. I am testing my story writing skills out from the Cricket Stories forum to the world cup football field. I hope you enjoy. The game will be played on FIFA WC2006 aswell.

MWaugh

MWaugh

International Coach
Socceroos Prepare For European Champions

The European 2004 Champions from Greece have arrived in Melbourne for the friendly clash against the Quantas Socceroos in Melbourne this weekend. Greece's German coach Otto Rehhagel appeared confident that his team could pull off a favourable result despite his side failing to qualify for the finals in Germany.

"Im sure that we can put a good performance on the pitch tomorrow night. Its always tough coming out for just the one game but we have a huge following here in Australia and thats great energy for the players to feed off. We will have to be technically very strong to win this match against a very well drilled side"

Otto Rehhagel
(Greece Coach)

(Greek players celebrate their historic victory in Euro 2004)

Meanwhile Australia have been in camp ahead of the much anticipated clash. Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell and Craig Moore are all unavailable for the match due to injuries, Guus Hiddink pointing out Marco Bresciano as a key player for the home side in attack.

"He has been in very good form towards the end of the season in Serie A for Parma and looks very excited and fit for this weeks match. We will need him to be strong going forward so that Mark (Viduka) and out wide men have ball to work with and give us options across the park."

Guus Hiddink
(Australian Coach)

(Marco Bresciano has been ear marked by Guus Hiddink as a crucial man for the home clash)

Brett_Lee

International Coach
.::Stevo::. said:
Try kick the ball into the ref's head/nuts for me mate....:cheers
LoL I hope he does to :p Il be following this MWaugh.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Is the MCG on the game? Good to see a Socceroos story going around. Hoping if Italy plays Australia fate will be reversed and Australia win 1-0.

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Is it me or actually the AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hidink look alike :D, there faces kind of resemble at first when i saw the australian coach i was like WTF Carlo Ancelotti Milan's coach for Socceroos :eek: but after that they said it was Guus Hidink.. :D

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
Farrukh_|$B said:
Is it me or actually the AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti and Guus Hidink look alike :D, there faces kind of resemble at first when i saw the australian coach i was like WTF Carlo Ancelotti Milan's coach for Socceroos :eek: but after that they said it was Guus Hidink.. :D
ya they do look alike and btw nice avatar

MWaugh

International Coach

Craig Foster on tonights game:

Well it looks like the emphasis will be on Viduka up front with Grella and Bresciano in the midfield. It will be very interesting to see how the backline shapes up with Tony Vidmar and Tony Popovic in the centre of defence. Greece will look to defend and play on the counter attack, and it will be important that the wide men such as Sterjovski and Emerton work hard to get back in defence.

(The Australian starting lineup for the clash against Greece)

(Australia appear to be going in to the match with a 1-4-3-2-1 formation)

Teams Prepare For Battle

The Australian and Greek players have taken to the MCG ahead of the much anticipated warm up game before Australia leave to prepare for the World Cup. The MCG has sold out with a large support for both the home and visiting teams.

(Australian players sing the national anthem infront of a patriotic home crowd)

(The Greece team show their passion with kick off imminent)

MWaugh

International Coach
First Half Highlights

(The teams for Australias first match on the road to Germany)

26 min - Marco Bresciano tests Greek keeper Nikopolidis with a long range shot that forces the shot stopper to dive to his left. Nikopolidis manages to get a glove on the ball that is forced out for a corner.

(Marco Bresciano tests Nikopolidis on the far post)

28 min - GOAL!!! Mark Viduka scores for Australia as the home side go 1-0 up early. The captain latches onto a Brett Emerton cross and burys the ball in the bottom right hand corner. Nikopolidis dives to his left but is too late as the home crowd rise to celebrate a crucial first goal. Will this force the Greeks to go against their nature and attack.

(Mark Viduka celebrates his goal as Australia go 1-0 up)

45 min - The referee blows his whistle for half time and the sides leave the pitch. Australia with a crucial 1-0 lead thanks to the head of captain Mark Viduka in the 28th minute.

Users who are viewing this thread