Sound configuration question.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Before I upgraded my system, I was able to have sound playing through my PC speakers, but when I turned on my big screen TV, the sound would also come through my TV's speakers, which is how I wanted it to be. Now for some reason, the sound remains on the PC speakers regardless. I can change it by going into sound settings and choosing AMD HDMI output sound as the default, but it's annoying as before I didn't have to change a thing: if I played a game on the monitor, the sound just came from the PC speakers; if I played it through the big screen, it would come through the TV's speakers and I'd simply mute the PC ones. The odd thing is clicking on the sound icon in the task bar shows that both AMD HDMI output and Audigy 4 sound are active so why doesn't the HDMI output wake up when I turn on the big screen TV? The GPU is only connected to the big screen via HDMI - it's connected with the standard connector to the PC.

What's likely to have changed and what can I do to return it to its former configuration? I didn't upgrade the soundcard or GPU.

I know it's no biggie but when it was basically automatic before, it's annoying to have to do things manually now.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread