South Africa in Australia Nov-Dec 2012/13

A collapse? I don't like collapses for Sth Africa, last time they did it, didn't turn out too well for Aus.

A collapse? I don't like collapses for Sth Africa, last time they did it, didn't turn out too well for Aus.

Yeah, you would think that anything Hastings, Starc and Johnson can do, Steyn, Philander and Morkel could do much better.

Yeah, you would think that anything Hastings, Starc and Johnson can do, Steyn, Philander and Morkel could do much better.

Although, the WACA is different, many touring nations have collapsed.

Esp. with a left hander in swinging.

But, Australia should be careful

At least we've had a bit of practice dealing with Morkel, Steyn and co. They probably haven't seen much of Starc and Hastings.

^ Very true.

Man, seeing Johnson not bowling to the left or to the right is so odd.

Elgar looks a bit like Cowan

225 all out FAF again saving the Proteas 12 overs left Cowan gone :(

Well they do love Nathan Lyon at the WACA and they've had to wait more than a year to see his signature french cut.

Faf du Don to the rescue again.

Legend :thumbs

----------

Haven't catched the highlights yet, but did Johnson spray it around? From the scorecard, seems like he bowled pretty decently.

Is Faf seriously the first cricketer on this planet to have registered 70+ scores thrice in his first three innings (according to ESPNStar)?

Also sort of a random comment, but I really love watching Morne Morkel bat, especially when he drives through the offside, something Graeme Smith very rarely does. Looks so classy. Reminds me of the equally capable Stuart Broad (batting).

Yeah some big danger still around. If they can get their lengths right, there will be some trouble.

Haven't catched the highlights yet, but did Johnson spray it around? From the scorecard, seems like he bowled pretty decently.

Mitch only sprayed it in his last over vs Morne Morkel. He had the odd loose one before that - but much less frequent than last year. He's got a longer run up, a new slightly weird/pansy looking motion with his arms as he runs in, and his arm in delivery is a little bit higher compared to some of his slinging in the past.

I was satisfied, in fact I thought he was pretty good. Didn't swing it as much as Starc, but he moved it a little bit. Had Smith jumping early, made Amla play and miss a handful of times with some good line and length, kept Elgar bottled up and eventually out with some disciplined bowling mixed with short stuff. I'd say it was a successful return.

Hastings was really good once he got the ball pitched up, doing exactly what I'd hoped he'd do ie. reliable into the wind bowler who kept it tight. That ball to get ABDV was a peach.

Starc has that X-factor about him, just needs to get the ball out of that no-mans land, back of a length area - get it hitting the stumps, or hitting the badge.

I think the selectors can be happy with their complete substitution of the pace attack. Would have worked even better if they'd finished SA off a bit quicker, but Faf is too good at the moment. Also they kept giving Peterson and Philander easy runs on the leg side...:(

Users who are viewing this thread