Story South Africa's rebuild for the World cup. (ICC 06) Sign up.

First Name: Ammar
Surname: Maqsood
Bowl Style: Right Arm Medium Fast
Bat Style: Lower Order/Tail Ender
Player Style: Bowler

Sorry guys. I have been very busy this week and next week. Will try to start soon

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay but school has been hectic. I will start this week.

New people, New coach, New system.

Finally it is done. The press conference held by the UCB has finished. The UCB made important announcements in the meeting. Coach Mickey Arthur has been sacked and the new coach is Steve Waugh. Waugh was appointed over Ray Jennings, Corrie van Zyl and Richard Pybus. Waugh made it clear in his contract negotiations that he didn?t want the quota system to play a role. He also made it clear that new players with unknown names are in the squad for the tour of Sri Lanka.
SteveWaugh.jpg

The following 22 man squad is the World Cup training squad named by Steve Waugh. The final World Cup squad will be announced prior to the World Cup.

Nic Davies
Farrukh Rana
Matthew Roberts
Surendar Ram
Treva Teague
Raj Patel
Tobie Chapman
Usman Uzzy
Hameed Ahmad
Ryan 'Pinchy' Dunn
Zac Stora
Simon Barrow
Mohsin Malik
Matty Parker
Willie L
Trev Teag
Dave Nicies
Jaques Pollock
Shaun Kallis
Willy Wonka
Ammar Maqsood
Ross Mathers

All of the players unknown but lots of talent in them is what Steve Waugh said.

The following squad is for the series in Sri Lanka:

Nic Davies
Farrukh Rana
Matthew Roberts
Surendar Ram
Treva Teague
Raj Patel
Tobie Chapman
Usman Uzzy
Hameed Ahmad
Ryan 'Pinchy' Dunn
Zac Stora
Simon Barrow
Mohsin Malik
Matty Parker
Willie L
Dave Nicies
Ammar Maqsood
Ross Mathers

Steve Waugh has told the public that the captain will be announced tomorrow when they arrive in Bandaranaike airport in Sri Lanka
Colomboairport.jpg

Arrival in Sri Lanka
SteveWaugharrives.jpg
Steve Waugh and the team arriving in Sri Lanka

The new South African squad along with coach Steve Waugh arrived in Sri Lanka today. All of them were very exited and looked forward to the series. The first match starts tomorrow. Although Sri Lanka is expected to win the match, the South Africans will fight with there whole heart. Steve Waugh also announced the captain today. He said the following: ?I believe he will make us proud. He will be captain for the first game and we will see if he remains captain. I wish him the best of luck. He has the whole nation behind him.? The new captain is Matthew Roberts.

SteveWaugh.jpg
Steve announces the captain.

Hey nice start buddy. Well done Matt! Look forward to playing (hopefully) under your leadership!

great start. :O EVERTONFAN! :P only joking, can't wait for it to start

Users who are viewing this thread