South Indian Cricketers are the smartest and the cleverest !

South Indian Cricketers are the smartest and the cleverest !

• Agree

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Disagree

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Do you guys agree with me here ?
I know that we have plenty of members on this forum from South India,just wanted their views on it.

What backs this arguement is-
1. Srinath,Kumble,Srikkanth,KKD and Dravid are all well qualified.
2. Tendulkar,Kambli and a few wothers have actually failed in Class 12.

And for those who do not know,the Indian Test Captain is a computer-engineer and a good one too-Kumble !

The literacy rate in Kerala is 100%... which is something that cannot be said for other Indian states. In other words, 'nuff said.

From what I heard, more Christians and less Hindus and Muslims live in Kerala.

Presumably you mean the smartest out of all Indian cricketers? Because the England team has a history of Oxbridge students, who are of course highly educated. Atherton is a prime example of this.

Presumably you mean the smartest out of all Indian cricketers? Because the England team has a history of Oxbridge students, who are of course highly educated. Atherton is a prime example of this.

Yes, mainly because it was and still is a viable path into FC cricket.

And in this country a lot of academy players are encorauged to further their educations by their counties, who put them up in the nearest Uni's etc.

USY - you aren't wrong, neither is Sohum. The level of educaton and how keen the children and teenagers there is quite amazing.

Also, Sreesanth is quite the genius apparently, he's got a degree in Sports Phsycology.

You'd be surprised. Obviously not EVERY single person, there are bound to be some who are illiterate, but that would come somewhere around 8%, so yeah, well educated people.

I'm from the South (TN) and I think that's a pretty nonsensical thing to say. For example, what does it mean to point out that Tendulkar supposedly failed Class 12? He started playing at international cricket at 16. It would make sense for him to concentrate more on the sport than his studies. Besides, how does having a computer engineering degree affect your decision-making on the field? Being book-smart doesn't mean **** about how you handle yourself on the field.

right...pretty useless thread to start anyway.

Smartest and cleverest really have no meaning today,i mean you cannot compare people. everyone is smart, clever and stupid.

Statistics are only as reliable as the people who produce them.

100% literacy rates don't exist.
Illiteracy has a specific definition for statistical purposes; the inability to read or write (cognitively, rather than ability to copy) a simple sentence in any language. 100% literacy is not uncommon in small areas.

However, Kerala is not quite one of them. Well over 90%, though.

Also, Sreesanth is quite the genius apparently, he's got a degree in Sports Psychology.
Ah, he will help improve the Indian trainees' secondary skills!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread