Spectating AI matches and some worrying AI findings

attribute sliders did work in ac09, judgement, placement, power, timing, running speed all have individual direct effect on batsman response in the match, can't see dbc14 missing out there.

Yes it's hopefully just a spectator mode problem
(Fingers crossed)

I've had a promising, albeit short innings, trying to keep the bowlers stamina to a maximum throughout the match. Lets see how the Aussies reply. I love all the customisation, but I hope it means I can find a happy balance representative of test cricket. I'm primarily looking for fewer runouts, and good batsmen acting like good batsmen and scoring more runs than the tail.

Tomorrow I will see if Australia beat Zimbabwe over three games, which obviously, if the AI works, they should.

40 over days
1 hour sessions
40 over new ball
new ball at each end
crumbling, hard pitch
Zero skilled tailenders
Max four outside the circle

England - First Innings (192 all out off 49 overs)
Cook - LBW Lyon - 16 (37)
Carberry - b.Siddle - 26 (40)
Root - b.Smith 93 (108)
Pietersen - b.Siddle - 15 (25)
Bell - lbw.Watson - 4 (9)
Stokes - b.Lyon 6 (20)
Prior - not out 27* (51)
Broad - lbw.Smith 0 (3)
Swann - run out (Siddle) 0 (2)
Anderson - c.Watson b.Siddle 0 (4)
Panesar - b.Smith 0 (1)

Siddle 10-45-3
Harris 8-29-0
Johnson 10-44-0
Watson 5-17-1
Lyon 14-51-2
Smith 2.3-6-3

I haven't played the game, but I gave more than a handful of bat pad 'chances' when batting in the nets - surely it must have translated over?

I haven't played the game, but I gave more than a handful of bat pad 'chances' when batting in the nets - surely it must have translated over?

Theres plenty coming off the pads with the spinner, but no bat involved

Tomorrow I will see if Australia beat Zimbabwe over three games, which obviously, if the AI works, they should.

Oi!! :mad

I've had a promising, albeit short innings, trying to keep the bowlers stamina to a maximum throughout the match. Lets see how the Aussies reply...

England - First Innings (192 all out off 49 overs)
Cook - LBW Lyon - 16 (37)
Carberry - b.Siddle - 26 (40)
Root - b.Smith 93 (108)
Pietersen - b.Siddle - 15 (25)
Bell - lbw.Watson - 4 (9)
Stokes - b.Lyon 6 (20)
Prior - not out 27* (51)
Broad - lbw.Smith 0 (3)
Swann - run out (Siddle) 0 (2)
Anderson - c.Watson b.Siddle 0 (4)
Panesar - b.Smith 0 (1)

Siddle 10-45-3
Harris 8-29-0
Johnson 10-44-0
Watson 5-17-1
Lyon 14-51-2
Smith 2.3-6-3

So was this YOU batting or was it a simulation? I'm confused.

All of this is me spectating, ball by ball, on legendary difficulty. I'm really trying to get to grips with the AI and I think spectating is the best way

Oh really? Do you have any evidence to back this up? It would explain some things

Well if you assign x=0 and there's some random calculation which needs to be performed by AI then x*(whatever) or (whatever)/x will lead to dubious results. I wouldn't set anything to 0 to play it safe.

"0" can often be a default number too, meaning "ignore this, use the default" so yeah, set everything to 1

Okay, well Australia are 157/6 in reply, Mitchell Johnson 27 not out. Obviously he has a test hundred to his name, but will look at see what the tail end do. Swann has taken 4-44 and Panesar 2-20. The crumbling pitch looks to be relevant.

Testing after this game will start with 1 the skill values for tailenders.

Does the pitch wear each day like all cricket games in the past if you pick a pristine pitch.:spy

Yes it does. You can even set it to wear faster and it does have an effect on spin. I know this, because I was called on to bowl in a test match bowling on what could only be described as the moon landing site...

The only reason my (batsman) player was called on to bowl was because there was only one spinner in my side, so again the AI takes in account the match situation and the skills available to the captain.

Quite clever, really. Don't mind being a part-time spinner. I took 4 wickets too :thumbs

Johnson ended up on 83 not out, Siddle was run out for 11 and Lyon and Harris were both 16 not out before we had a power cut.

All batsmen had zero skill.

I will test now with just one skill bar.

I wouldn't like to bring bad news, and I hope this thread produces some sort of response from Big Ant, I know how exceptional they have been, but at the moment people have put hundreds of hours into editing teams, and I can't see any difference at all in the sliders.

It's weird, because the "Skill Bar" has such a HUGE effect in career mode on your player... you're basically useless when you start out and you really do improve as you get more and more skill points and batting becomes vastly easier.

Johnson ended up on 83 not out, Siddle was run out for 11 and Lyon and Harris were both 16 not out before we had a power cut.

All batsmen had zero skill.

I will test now with just one skill bar.

I wouldn't like to bring bad news, and I hope this thread produces some sort of response from Big Ant, I know how exceptional they have been, but at the moment people have put hundreds of hours into editing teams, and I can't see any difference at all in the sliders.

This would also ring true with people saying fielders stay the same even when set to 0.

Users who are viewing this thread