Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

As for Australia, I suggest you go through this article:

Let's not kid ourselves that Australian sport is incorruptible

Betting/match fixing is like a plague. Once it spreads, there's no stopping it. Whether you legalize bookmaking or not hardly matters then.

So Australians bet a lot - that's all the article convinces me of. But at least in Australia these incidents are flagged very early eg. betting on the Melbourne Storm to finish last in the week before anyone knew about it. As soon as a couple of sizable bets came in for the Storm, alarm bells started ringing and investigations started. That's what legalising betting does, gives records and laws and accountability. Plus it lets governments get tax out of it. And incidently, that's why California wants to legalise marijuana - not because it's good, but because they can regulate sellers properly and get tax money out of it.

Pakistan are scum. They should all be banned for life tbh. I don't want to watch those low lifes play anymore. They can't be trusted anymore.

Strip them of their status already.

I doubt all 170 million are scum though and you are denying all those people a shot at international cricket based on a few idiots.

I would support a TEMPORARY demotion of Pakistan from international cricket - 3-6 months maybe. Just so have time to sack the old board and appoint a new board, new staff and conduct all relevant investigations etc. Basically start again.

Pakistan are scum. They should all be banned for life tbh. I don't want to watch those low lifes play anymore. They can't be trusted anymore.

Strip them of their status already.
Are you out of your mind? I request mods to kindly take notice of blatant generalizations. Its infuriating to say the least.

When I say Pakistan i'm obviously referring to the team....ugh. Do I really need to spell everything out? You're the racist ones if you're reading that into it.

It's ok, my reps don't matter to me.

I have no issue with the people of Pakistan. The cricket team is letting you all down big time. They obviously care more about fixing than playing for their country so they're low lifes as far as i'm concerned. They're not all doing it obviously but it's not like any of the others are stepping away from the team or doing anything about it. They just all go along with it. It's just contributing to test and ODI cricket being destroyed. I really don't want them to be destroyed.

The only way any lessons are going to be learned is for the ICC to get some balls and actually punish them. I'm guessing they need "proof" or whatever but they need to find anything they can to get em.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, I think ICC and PCB are dragging this one too much long. Bookies and players have already hinted that many of the players are involved in match-fixing so why they aren't just investigating everything at once?
They should take it seriously and eliminate this match-fixing trend from the root so that it becomes extinct from the world of cricket, not just that they ban the three players and go on. If they think the punishment would be enough for other players to fear match fixing and stop it, I guess it's not. In Pakistan, almost every player has been banned or been under the scanner for various reasons. But the players still haven't got anything stuffed into their minds. If they ban the three, I don't even think that would refrain others from stop these undoings as I believe they would rather be happy that they got away from that.

A better punishment would be forcing all commentators to refer to him as Salman Anus

Mark said:
Someone should remind him that Pakistan is too insignificant and unimportant for anyone to conspire against.

I find it quite amusing that whenever something serious happens in Pakistan, the authorities and newspaper columnists there start smelling conspiracy. Like when the floods happened, a section of the Pakistani media indicted India and the CIA for everything. It's kind of weird.

As for Butt, the accusations made by him are actually quite serious:

Ijaz Butt said:
"There is loud and clear talk in bookie circles that some English players have taken enormous amounts of money to lose the match [the third ODI]. No wonder there was such a collapse."

He is directly accusing England of deliberately losing the match. Now, if he fails to back up his claims with evidence, ECB can file a defamation suit against him in the court of law any time they wish. What an idiot!

Last edited:
Ijaz Butt: "There is loud and clear talk in bookie circles that some English players have taken enormous amounts of money to lose the match [the third ODI]. No wonder there was such a collapse."

They seriously need to be banned.

By "they", I mean the Pakistan team ;)

Ijaz Butt: "There is loud and clear talk in bookie circles that some English players have taken enormous amounts of money to lose the match [the third ODI]. No wonder there was such a collapse."

They seriously need to be banned.

Yeah, just wow.

Pakistan in England 2010: Conspiracy to defraud Pakistan cricket - Ijaz Butt | Cricket News | England v Pakistan 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Biggy added 3 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

He's just getting desperate. Making a fool of himself.:facepalm

Ijaz Butt is 'slightly' more intelligent than what meets the eye - I highly doubt he would accuse England of fixing without some type of substantial proof.

As far as The Sun article is concerned, I think it could be part of a conspiracy to defraud Pakistan cricket. Because they haven't shown us anything that would give an indication that the game was actually fixed, other than their claims.

Users who are viewing this thread