Sri Lanka to abandon test tour of England for IPL

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow...well done Sri Lanka. Money over Country. It was bound to happen if you never needed to play for the country, and if you could earn more elsewhere...

Maybe the ICC should stop making each country's board like a private institution? Let the ICC take in most of the revenue for all matches/tourneys, and pay each board an amount for them to use to pay for contracts, investment, etc.

Jit

International Cricketer
BCCI controls cricket world now days not ICC. They can just pay money to other boards and do whatever they want. I hope one day these idiots die seriously first they copied ICL not they made IPL.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not that not bothered really. A bunch of Sri Lankans pulling out of a tour will do nothing to detract from an Ashes series involving two teams who are full of players who actually care about playing for their country.

Sureshot

Executive member
You have a good point Matt and it will not deteriorate next summers Ashes, but it's still a farcical situation.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I think England should kick up a fuss and if it comes to it play against a Sri Lanka A team it'll increase Englands ranking and lower Sri Lankas. Im sure they wouldn't be too keen on that tbh. And what do England have to lose nice warm ups and easy wins.

adyhorn

County Cricketer
I think England should kick up a fuss and if it comes to it play against a Sri Lanka A team it'll increase Englands ranking and lower Sri Lankas. Im sure they wouldn't be too keen on that tbh. And what do England have to lose nice warm ups and easy wins.
But then we might play the Aussies underprepared.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
But then we might play the Aussies underprepared.

If this series doesn't go ahead then I highly doubt that they will be able to get another team to replace Sri Lanka in time and a match against Sri Lanka A team is better than none.

adyhorn

County Cricketer
If this series doesn't go ahead then I highly doubt that they will be able to get another team to replace Sri Lanka in time and a match against Sri Lanka A team is better than none.
There's always Bangladesh. They have one IPL player, but I can see where you're coming from.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
No one cares about ICC rankings. Anyone in the top 8 can more or less beat each other.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
It may not be the be all and end all of cricket, but it's still somewhat important.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How about Zimbabwe? :p Let's invite Mugabe over to watch a few ODI's with Gordon Brown ;)
Zimbabwe were supposed to be touring but due to their political situation they have been refused entry. That's why we are trying to find someone to come over here!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Nah you cant trust Bangladeshi players, they are also crazy about money. We just saw 6 traitors going to ICL and Lalit Modi said more Bangladeshis will be joining IPL next season for doing nothing there.

Users who are viewing this thread