Stadium Creator Discussion

thewhiterose

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Someone should probably do up a master list of assets to request for the stadium creator.

A couple of things I'd like to see are cricket nets and a manual style scoreboard in a couple of different styles. eg. Adelaide Oval to the basic board that might only show score and overs.

I'd like to see the addition of nets that'd be placed in front of a car park, it'd just be a nice addition to more 'village' grounds.

waraa

County Cricketer
Someone should probably do up a master list of assets to request for the stadium creator.

A couple of things I'd like to see are cricket nets and a manual style scoreboard in a couple of different styles. eg. Adelaide Oval to the basic board that might only show score and overs.

Trying to compile thoughts I've had over the past month working on stadiums:

1) Medium stand roofs for Large and vice versa
2) Tensile roofs like the ones in Ageas Bowl, Chennai, Pune, Sharjah etc
3) Media centers
4) Press boxes and grass banks as tier variations
5) Manual scoreboard
6) Training nets
7) Raised lower tiers, like Auckland, Dubai etc.
8) 3+ tiers for medium stands
9) Ability to set roof colors for all roofs
10) Extra-large sight screens like some of the South African venues
11) Different colors for seats in upper and lower tiers
12) Benches/steps instead of seats in tier variations
13) Buildings/Apartment blocks as props, a lot of English grounds seem to have them
14) Water bodies as backdrop
15) Ability to plop objects like scoreboards and pavilions on top of conventional stands

Some of these may already be on the way, and there may not be time/resources to get everything done. But having a wishlist is useful, especially for future game releases as well.

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has anyone attempted old Trafford yet?

Seems like a mountain of a task to me. might give it a spin in the next week or so if nobody is doing it currently

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Has anyone attempted old Trafford yet?

Seems like a mountain of a task to me. might give it a spin in the next week or so if nobody is doing it currently
In case, I am thinking to do "a" stadium tomorrow, maybe Old Trafford for you?

waraa

County Cricketer
Not sure this is exhaustive:

New Stadium Creator stuff in Update 0.0.78:

1) Outfield grass patterns (diamond, stripe, cross-hatch)
2) Venue name in commentary (1847 options, phew)
3) Venue type (32 options)
4) Fence decal
5) Can assign countries to stadiums

Last edited:

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Not sure this is exhaustive:

New Stadium Creator stuff in Update 0.0.78:

1) Outfield grass patterns (diamond, stripe, cross-hatch)
2) Venue name in commentary (1847 options, phew)
3) Venue type (32 options)
4) Fence decal
5) Can assign countries to stadiums

- sorry - should have put some of those on the notes.
The countries for stadiums is to help with filtering when playing Casual mode - so you'll be able to look for stadiums by country - we figured that with the amount of stadiums people are creating this would be useful.

- Fence Decal is actual the Field Marking decal - bad naming - we will fix that - this allows you to have something other than the Big Ant logo on the field while playing - it isn't hooked up for you to see yet, but you can add the logos.

waraa

County Cricketer
The countries for stadiums is to help with filtering when playing Casual mode - so you'll be able to look for stadiums by country - we figured that with the amount of stadiums people are creating this would be useful.

- Fence Decal is actual the Field Marking decal - bad naming - we will fix that - this allows you to have something other than the Big Ant logo on the field while playing - it isn't hooked up for you to see yet, but you can add the logos.

Another feedback I have is it's a little cumbersome to flip through a list of 1847 names. A control to jump letters of the alphabet would be handy.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Hi Mikey,

Excellent work with Stadium creator. I am sure no other company has listened to PlanetCricket Forum members like BigAnt does. Being a old member of this forum may I kindly ask you if we can see this folloing additional tools in stadium creator in next upcoming update:

) Medium stand roofs for Large and vice versa
2) Tensile roofs like the ones in Ageas Bowl, Chennai, Pune, Sharjah etc
3) Media centers
4) Press boxes and grass banks as tier variations
5) Manual scoreboard
6) Training nets
7) Raised lower tiers, like Auckland, Dubai etc.
8) 3+ tiers for medium stands
9) Ability to set roof colors for all roofs
10) Extra-large sight screens like some of the South African venues
11) Different colors for seats in upper and lower tiers
12) Benches/steps instead of seats in tier variations
13) Buildings/Apartment blocks as props, a lot of English grounds seem to have them
14) Water bodies as backdrop
15) Ability to plop objects like scoreboards and pavilions on top of conventional stands
16) Building ( Both Tower and small ) n with Night Lights on so that it can included in Day /Night games

I know Ross updated me that due to Licencing issue Media Center like Lords can't be incorporated but if any other Media Center (Standard one) can be included that would be awesome as the above addition will allow us to create more authentic stadiums.

If you can kindly answer we will be grateful.

BRAB

International Coach
Isn't that just the list that was posted previously?

pinku

Associate Captain
The countries for

So is this confirmation that we can edit the BigAnt logo which is shown on the field to whatever we like? I'm sure i asked this before but was told it won't make into DBC17, if it has made it then you guys have absolutely smashed it... Well done @BigAntStudios

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Is anyone able to explain how the profile and curve angle are connected? Okay I see now that profile can make you have a hook like stand as one sees in England sometimes.

I find it strange that it is so hard just to have a grand stand follow a circular contour.

I was hoping maybe I could piece wise create a circular grandstand but with no copy paste available it would take a long time to get the whole thing looking nice and consistent.

I have found that a medium grandstand with 9 gates and a curve angle of 135 degrees will perfectly contour around the oval but I cannot find any large grandstands like that

Last edited:

Helpman

Club Captain
Anybody else having this issue with the Stadium creator? Freezes once it starts up. I've been working on this for hours and would hate to start over again.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread