Steam update for DBC17 released

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
agree with @HELL_rAiseR and @Langeveldt the start the camera needs to move up a bit but love the screen when bowling and batting. I always use Broadcast when playing. If BA could sort out the seamless transition when moving to running and fielding that would be great. It was fine in DBC14. The problem at the moment on PS4 is when the camera changes to running or fielding the camera is too high and can be confusing.

Yeah for mine this is another thing that they fixed from DBC14 that wasnt actually broken in the first place

Logic 46

Club Cricketer
I do not mean to sound rude in any way so please do not take it that way but you are causing a lot of confusion making comments about gameplay, field placings etc having not actually tried it. As beta testers we are trying to constantly look through the thread and give BA feedback but we sometimes find it difficult when comments come from someone that has not tried the patch yet.

@Bluebagger This kind of is meant to be rude so you may take it as so. You are definitely a troll of note. When there was nothing but good things throughout this thread your kept you mouth shut. Now that there is a small issue with field placings that were literally worked on for ages and needed testing (thus calling for incremental patches so it could be fixed) you make daft pathetic comments. Dude, if you have nothing positive to add, just tweak off seriously. We want a great game we can all enjoy and all you do is troll this site.
But one thing dat jaffer pointed out was dynamic lineups in career mode.. I am a pc user.. Soo i want this to be looked upon.. Because lineups are still remaining the same per match across every format even after the latest patch.. This change is needed tomorrow!

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
agree with @HELL_rAiseR and @Langeveldt the start the camera needs to move up a bit but love the screen when bowling and batting. I always use Broadcast when playing. If BA could sort out the seamless transition when moving to running and fielding that would be great. It was fine in DBC14. The problem at the moment on PS4 is when the camera changes to running or fielding the camera is too high and can be confusing.

Absolutely agree with you...Hope they fix it in tomorrows patch...

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Can someone confirm if they added simulation to the online gameplay in CO OP? Please big ant. Its just a small request.

This would be amazing -i struggle with the long form games in co op as playing in the whole match is just impractical. Please consider this addition!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I hope they fix this tomorrow's update.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
What makes everyone assume there will be an update tomorrow?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Matt Sir,

Batting Broadcast camera:-

Please bring back the earlier batting broadcast camera in addition to this revamped one...

Finding it difficult to adapt with the revamped camera...with the extremely low angle behind the bowler & then flying at a higher angle as the bowler is about to bowl... It is as same as the Bowling Far/close camera...

It makes the vision feel disoriented after playing for a while with so much zooming in & out..
The earlier batting broadcast cam was at the perfect height and had minimum & gradual (ideal) zooming making it v comfortable to judge the speed & decide the shots accordingly.. It was same like in DBC 14...

the earlier batting broadcast camera was as good as real...

The revamped one isn't bad at all, just that its height is too low than before, not finding it comfortable at all...I had to stop the game & comback here...

All those using the broadcast camera like me would agree with me that the earlier one was better..

Running / Fielding Broadcast camera:-

In my sincere opinion, The "running broadcast camera" is the one that needs a real tweak to make it more realistic...

It currently is like a spider cam going on either side of the wicket...
It breaks the continuity of the vision (from angle behind the bowler to suddenly behind the batsman) when the spider cam goes behind the batsman in thirdman region when the ball is hit on the on side or straight...

Its perfect when its at long on or long off for shots in the third-man region or sometimes even in those straight drives..because it makes easy for the eyes when batting & running camera from same angle doesn't break the continuity of the vision...

But best for it would be to have it at a zone behind the bowler ( as in real TV broadcast) & it would track the ball from there wherever it is hit, either on or off side as the case.

I would kindly & humbly request you to bring back the earlier camera as Broadcast 1 as an option in addition to this revamped one as Broadcast 2 and if possible tweak the "current running broadcast camera" in the straight region behind the bowler at the same height as it is now...

Hope you reintroduce it since I found it v uncomfortable & unusual after playing with that broadcast camera ever since DBC 14
days
Thank you in advance....
Matt sir
Please put old batting broadcast camera in addition to this new revamped one.I am a broadcast player .Awaiting for your update.

gunit123

County Cricketer
This would be amazing -i struggle with the long form games in co op as playing in the whole match is just impractical. Please consider this addition!

Not sure if this will be possible in this patch - would be brilliant though!

Last edited:

Skankhunt 42

Banned
What makes everyone assume there will be an update tomorrow?
Because they said so on 30th April. Everyday patch for few days.......! It won't make a certainty but hope never dies y'know! Especially when we are in quest of making dbc 17 like the ultimate cricketing simulation experience! Like, play the game, live the cricket!

We are after something as Trish. S. of WWE used to advertise, 100% satisfaction! ;)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'm doing a proper playthrough at the moment, but I can actually see rough patches on the pitch now. Something I have never seen before.

travder92

Club Captain
I'm doing a proper playthrough at the moment, but I can actually see rough patches on the pitch now. Something I have never seen before.

That's what I was asking a question about a page back, Its the first time Ive seen it so they've just added it. The real question is whether its only cosmetic. I think it might be since it disappears with a save/load.

Users who are viewing this thread