Steam update for DBC17 released

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A msg from a friend..

"Do u play in close or pro cam? If so, have u felt any difficulties while facing Yorker balls which comes in dark blue color?

I'm feeling very tough to watch those deliveries in pro cam as the straight sight screen is in black color..

You are an established member in planet forums i guess.. When u are posting other issues, pls post this one also bro.. Please.......

Ie, to change the yorker ball color (from dark blue to something like light blue or any light colors)

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thank you Big Ants for the regular updates, its surely making the game much more enjoyable.

As per today's patch note i see that an option to copy uniforms has been added within team manager. I am curious if there is an option to download/copy only uniforms from the academy if not it would be a great addition. As lots of new kits are being shared on a regular basis and as a user i would like to download a certain kit without having to let go off the current one and also without having to download the entire team with players which would change my team which i may have customized.

eg : the new champions trophy kits are uploaded but to download them i will have to download the entire team and it will also replace my regular uniforms. If possible please add an option in the academy to download only uniform.
Go into logos and download them from there then you can add them to team when you want

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
mate - tomorrow let's try. im on a shit machine and wifi only... if it works for me it'll work for anyone :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493933672][/DOUBLEPOST]who has bowled on today's update? any thoughts on edges??? mine have dried up.

Getting loads of edges, bowled's too rare and bat pad driving dismissals too common, but as I said last night, we're down to fine tweaks as far as the batting AI are concerned

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Are the AI making decent totals
so far have seen two posts where the AI have made less than 150 seems no different to the previous patch

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
so far have seen two posts where the AI have made less than 150 seems no different to the previous patch

Not really. 51/4 at the moment. I am loathe to play on Legend mode because then I definitely won't be getting anyone clean bowled. Still quite a few lobbed catches in the infield even in the first morning of a test.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW Are platform-specific issues (lags and stutters on PS4, probably related to custom logos/stadia) being looked into before the console patch submission?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Not really. 51/4 at the moment. I am loathe to play on Legend mode because then I definitely won't be getting anyone clean bowled. Still quite a few lobbed catches in the infield even in the first morning of a test.
Damn I was hoping this would be fixed try putting the batting and Bowling difficulty up to hardest when you are bowling and see if the AI improve there batting it seemed to work in test matches on patch 3

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Damn I was hoping this would be fixed try putting the batting and Bowling difficulty up to hardest when you are bowling and see if the AI improve there batting it seemed to work in test matches on patch 3

Yeah I would do that, but I can't get anyone bowled or LBW on Veteran, and that's what I am looking for at the moment. I'll have no chance on Legend. 97/7, all catches. It seems it is far too easy to get catches and too difficult to get anything else at the moment.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
From a T20 perspective I think they usually score competitive totals but it is often 135-155 region. There's very rarely anything above that. There's very little push in the last ten.
I'm playing a Test match now and have the opposition 106 for 6.

I'm playing with bowling difficult as 'Hard' on Veteran and bowling feels too easy.. By that I mean it's too easy to get Perfect timing and I assume more difficult balls for the AI to play. Even when you don't get perfect timing of jump or release it doesn't feel like you are punished as a bowler. Getting it wrong only seems to reduce the speed of the delivery or the amount of turn (if I'm wrong please tell me). I'd like to see more impact on line and length. I very rarely bowl a wides or no balls compared with the AI. I guess perfect deliveries are gonna increase bowler confidence too more rapidly than AI batsmen.

Batting is varied and precarious. Get the timing wrong there's a good chance you'll get out or at least create a chance. As much as I enjoy bowling on this game (more than any other cricket game) it gets a little monotonous. I feel like if I just keep going through the motions there's gonna be a wicket at some point rather than working at it by changing fields, tactics etc.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
From a T20 perspective I think they usually score competitive totals but it is often 135-155 region. There's very rarely anything above that. There's very little push in the last ten.
I'm playing a Test match now and have the opposition 106 for 6.

I'm playing with bowling difficult as 'Hard' on Veteran and bowling feels too easy.. By that I mean it's too easy to get Perfect timing and I assume more difficult balls for the AI to play. Even when you don't get perfect timing of jump or release it doesn't feel like you are punished as a bowler. Getting it wrong only seems to reduce the speed of the delivery or the amount of turn (if I'm wrong please tell me). I'd like to see more impact on line and length. I very rarely bowl a wides or no balls compared with the AI. I guess perfect deliveries are gonna increase bowler confidence too more rapidly than AI batsmen.

Batting is varied and precarious. Get the timing wrong there's a good chance you'll get out or at least create a chance. As much as I enjoy bowling on this game (more than any other cricket game) it gets a little monotonous. I feel like if I just keep going through the motions there's gonna be a wicket at some point rather than working at it by changing fields, tactics etc.

Yeah I'm going to have a bat soon. I was getting all excited seeing the mentalities having more of an effect, thinking the AI batting was done, but the more I bowl the more it feels like I am just waiting for a catch to come.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah I would do that, but I can't get anyone bowled or LBW on Veteran, and that's what I am looking for at the moment. I'll have no chance on Legend. 97/7, all catches. It seems it is far too easy to get catches and too difficult to get anything else at the moment.
Thats how it has been on patch 3 as well on veteran and legend I had alot of trouble getting bowled and lbw very rare but the AI made scores of over 400 it really is a shame it still has these issues it was my biggest issue I had with the game hope BA can get it right thanks for the info

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah I'm going to have a bat soon. I was getting all excited seeing the mentalities having more of an effect, thinking the AI batting was done, but the more I bowl the more it feels like I am just waiting for a catch to come.
I'd turn off the jump and release guides like I did on DBC14 (cause I liked looking at the action, the bowler running in, not looking at a hud which is all I do now) but I'm fairly sure you could still see what delivery you are selecting. If not, with the way the delivery selection is set up on 17 I want to be able to see that I'm picking the right one. Unless I'm missing something you can't turn one off without the other.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I'd turn off the jump and release guides like I did on DBC14 (cause I liked looking at the action, the bowler running in, not looking at a hud which is all I do now) but I'm fairly sure you could still see what delivery you are selecting. If not, with the way the delivery selection is set up on 17 I want to be able to see that I'm picking the right one. Unless I'm missing something you can't turn one off without the other.

Yeah they are off, I'm bowling on hardest.

I think legend is for me to get decent AI batting, fair enough, but no joy in bowling if you are never going to hit those stumps

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just played a T10 Online Match on PC with latest patch. Everything now seems as good as DBC14 if not better. My timing was off as I am playing after a gap of 4 months, but there was no visible issues with online game-play anymore (Though just 1 match is not good enough to check everything). Thanks @BigAntStudios for listening to the members and putting the hard-work to make the game playable once again for Online Mode. Will update more if I get chance to play again.

Users who are viewing this thread