Stumps not dislodging?

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone,

While playing a lot of matches in AC I noticed that when I/the AI got bowled at the stumps 99% of the time the stumps just lean a little to the left or right, but they do not dislodge or fly out of their position.

Has anybody taken out (a) stump(s) out of its/their position? It really isn't fun to see Brett Lee yorking the worst tailender ever when the stumps would just move a little.

P

pcfan123

Only way to uproot them is to bowl as full as possible with a fast bowler and aim at middle stump.

singhy44

Club Captain
Hmm, will try that. I've never had the stumps dislodged, I've hit them at the base, in the middle and towards the top with a shorter ball each time, but I haven't tried going as full as possible. That is probably a bad idea against the AI, however, as the fullest length is dark green, leaving a fairly high chance of getting smashed.

CricketPlayer55

International Coach
Only way to uproot them is to bowl as full as possible with a fast bowler and aim at middle stump.

Hmm, I'll try that in the "bowl as fast as possible" exercise.

Edit: I tried it. The stumps actually moved far less than when you would bowl a batsman at good to full length.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I mean a rank full toss, as high as a full toss on the stumps as possible.

P

pcfan123

I mean the absolute fullest (which becomes a full toss), put the cursor as close to wicket keeper as possible and bowl with Lee or Johnson. Try it in 2 player offline

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I managed it doing the 1st bowling challenge, the anims for it are crap

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The stump physics and animations were carried over from BLIC07. Was something they wanted to change but didn't get the time to.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Of all the problems the game has, this is probably the last thing that worries me. Sure it would be nice but there is a big long list of other more pressing problems that will never get addressed.

million.jpg

P

pcfan123

Probably not, since a few people obviously care and I do agree with them a bit. A big part of the "fun" with fast bowling is seeing the stumps go cartwheeling.

This issue would be really low on my priority list though. Quitters is the main issue in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread