Super 8: 14th Match England v SA

karnog

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good game and always a passionate one whenever KP is involved. Can see KP being targeted. And KP performing. England can win with disciplined bowling and batting along with a KP onslaught. Barring that SA are favourites. Especially if the batting plays to the potential. Add Morkel magic and this game is South Africas. Players to watch: KP, Bopara and Swann (if playing) for England and De Villiers, Botha and Steyn for South Africa.

stefan

International Coach
If SA plays to our potential we will win. KP will be targeted as always, smith doesn't like him and has very valid reasons. If we get KP early we should have an great chance to win. Man for man SA is superior.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
South Africa of course is the most likely team to win. Bopara, Wright, Pietersen won't score that much against such a bowling attack. I feel that Parnell should be substituted.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
South Africa definitely the stronger team, but I have a feeling that England will win this one.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I'll be interested to see how Wright handles the extra pace of Dale Steyn. Should be a good contest but I think we're defiantly second favourites.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
TBH I can?t see Luke Wright making it past ten tonight, South Africa?s bowlers will work him out pretty quickly. Looking at both teams bowlers South Africa clearly has the best, and if they were able to restrict New Zealand to 127 they should go pretty well against this lot.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I tip England here even though South Africa are tournament favorites

karnog

International Cricketer
I think Dimitri Mascarenhas should bat higher up. 4 maybe. England need the explosive power to pull off a victory.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The winner in this game will have a massive advantage in the tournament.
One up in this group is a great position to be in.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Gibbs is still to fire this tournament so wouldn't be surprised if he produced one of those knocks. JP has also been quiet so far. The English have some explosive players and actually have players suited to T20 unlike us so an upset isn't out of the question. Bowling is where I see the weakness atm.

P

pcfan123

I think Dimitri Mascarenhas should bat higher up. 4 maybe. England need the explosive power to pull off a victory.

yup, you dont win 2020s without hitting sixes and england havent hit too many

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to the game. I'm optimistic, but that's all I'm willing to say at this moment.

stefan

International Coach
South Africa of course is the most likely team to win. Bopara, Wright, Pietersen won't score that much against such a bowling attack. I feel that Parnell should be substituted.

Disagree. He has bowled well at the end while morkel tends to like runs at the end. He can bat and field much better than abdullah. He deserves his spot.

Users who are viewing this thread