Super 8 Group F (Australia, Sri Lanka, India, West Indies)

I just hope the Indian men do not do what the Indian women did yesterday.

Mike23 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

The good thing going for us is that apart from Malinga, the Lankan pacers aren't that nippy. Also, the pitch is much more of a batting paradise.

The bad thing is that Dilshan is due for an innings and we're probably going to struggle a bit against their spinners.
Mendis is the worst spinner atm so it wouldn't be difficult, on the other hand randiv might cause a few problems.

The good thing going for us is that apart from Malinga, the Lankan pacers aren't that nippy. Also, the pitch is much more of a batting paradise.

The bad thing is that Dilshan is due for an innings and we're probably going to struggle a bit against their spinners.

If we bat first and get a decent enough start, we should put all the power hitters up the order. I`d even experiment opening with Yuseless Pathan to get some momentum going in the powerplay overs. I don`t expect Yuseless to score more than 20-25 anyway, so might as well allow him to get that during the powerplay and get some momentum going.

The life after Sachin will be tough. :(

Not relevant in the present context.

If we bat first and get a decent enough start, we should put all the power hitters up the order.

IF .....
If we bat first....thats a big IF ,and I doubt whether we are going to bat first.
As the captain puts it- batting is our strength,but it hasn't really been reflected in the performances of the team of late.

Users who are viewing this thread