T20 World Cup 2024 (West Indies/USA)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Horses for courses! I wasnt a big fan of Root being in the 50 over tournament as well. I believe, he hasnt been able to adapt to the fast paced nature of the New English setup and that hurts the team immensely. Furthermore, where would you even slot him?

Same has to be said about Kohli, but then we are a cricketer loving nation, not a cricket loving nation!

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With the exception of Rinku, I think the final result was within the expected range. I do, however, have very little faith in our bowling unit barring Bumrah and maybe Kuldeep to an extent. Siraj and Arshdeep are not having a great time in the IPL. Jadeja in T20 doesn't feel right. Axar is more of a "container" than wicket taker.

I'm also not very sure if Chahal will do well at the International level. He is prone to losing it after getting whacked for a few. The reserves in Avesh and Khaleel is also troublesome. Both have a history of leaking runs as well. Shami will be sorely missed.

So it will have to be our batting that will have to do the heavy lifting if we are to have a chance at making it to the final four, let alone winning the cup.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Horses for courses! I wasnt a big fan of Root being in the 50 over tournament as well. I believe, he hasnt been able to adapt to the fast paced nature of the New English setup and that hurts the team immensely. Furthermore, where would you even slot him?

Same has to be said about Kohli, but then we are a cricketer loving nation, not a cricket loving nation!
His last T20i was 2019. There's really no place for him in the side now.

The top 7 will be made up of players who are IPL regulars (plus Harry Brook). Three of the likely top four have centuries in the IPL this year and Salt is averaging 47 @ 180.

cricfan123

Club Cricketer
ZIM...
Well since the india team has been picked players have been below par, look at chahal performance today so lackluster and no care and Sanju Samson had no cares

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Corey Anderson in the USA squad playing a T20i after 2012. How about that!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
tenor.gif

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just like India's squad, 0 innovation on Team India's jersey!

Users who are viewing this thread