Terrible game. Full of bugs. Who else agrees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are going too far the other way.
It's certainly not a terrible game but there are a lot of issues and some of them are pretty Damn big. For me it's still worth a purchase, even if they never fixed anything, It's only half an hour of work to pay for it.

I'm just not sure they will be able to get the ai to the standard I want it. Most of the other things should be fixable though.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

What? Im saying that the amount of enjoyment is pretty high per dollar payed.

I always compare these things to going out on a friday night, you get a few hours of fun and a following day of misery and it costs you more than an xbox game. As long as you get more out of it than that you are ahead. DBC is at a week of fun and counting (minus the frustration of trying to learn how to bat in career mode) so its a :thumbs

Sorry mate, more of a joke relating to your $ per hour at work.

Sorry mate, more of a joke relating to your $ per hour at work.

oh yeah ... :lol Thats some good hourly rate. I just finished a night shift .. cant remember what i was going for there. Call it a couple of hours work ;)

Last edited:
Well after my first 5 hours with the full game I'll make a few good and bad points (forgive me if any of this is to be patched etc.)

The good:

You really feel like you can take wickets - the batsmen are not invincible or hopeless like in previous cricket games.

Bowling is a lot of fun when you get the hang of it.

A lot of the fielding animations are excellent.

Batting is hard! As England v Bangladesh I was bowled out for 51 and 61 in a test match on Pro difficulty. Part of it was bad shot selection but I really felt the pressure of trying to score while not throwing my wickets away.

Nice, subtle dynamic lighting throughout the day.

Good start tracking and customisation.

Also in general the ball physics are light years ahead of previous cricket titles.

By the way AI fielders do drop catches - not many easy ones but some tough chances.

The bad:

I don't think the game is great graphically, which doesn't help when you are trying to spot fielders.

Bowling on a good to fullish length, I was really struggling to hit the stumps - 95 percent of good length deliveries would have/did moss the wickets. (it could be the pitch and weather conditions though)

While in general the commentary is good, a few lines are repeated several times, sometimes more than once in one over.

Bowlers tire far too quickly although I know that has been discussed here.

And the throwing being too accurate, but I'm aware this will be patched :) and AI field settings but I know that's an issue anyway.

Overall after one night I am very pleased - the game is more fun than I thought it would be even after lurking on the forum for a week or so. At the moment a solid 7.5 out of 10 but when those issues are sorted this could well be an 8.5 or a 9 - and I think I speak for a few people with that sentence :)

Last edited:
Right so take off your rose tinted glasses and listen to what is really poor about this game.

Firstly, unlike International Cricket 2010, (IC10) you can't play two players on one side. I actually have friends and we like to have a batsman and bowler each and have to catch each other's chances which can cause some great arguments. There is also running each other out which was a great past time of mine. For me this is an epic fail on DBC14 part. IC10 1 DBC14 0

So what shall I play... I don't want to play a 5 test match series with Austrailia thanks. So career mode it is. I choose my player, simple enough. Although you can make your 16 year old look like a prune that's been sat at the beach all day.
I'm a bowling all-rounder so I'm pretty much in the action quite a lot.

To cut to the chase, I'm bored already. Why? We'll I've started as Hampshire which according to those god awful commentators is Ahmedabad. I've played four four day games and four pro 40 matches. As you can imagine I've bowled a lot of overs. I'd say I've go about 30 wickets so far which isn't bad. Now what is the most common dismissal in cricket? Caught behind surely. How many of my 30 wickets are caught behind? 0.

The way my bowler gets wickets is bowled and lbw. The odd catch in the deep. I mean come on. You can't bowl to plans or work a batsman over. And when you do actually bowl a batsman the stumps don't move and the bails dribble off. Every time. Rubbish. In IC10 you could work over a batsman and get him caught behind and send his off stump cartwheeling backwards. 2-0

Ok before I go into batting I want to talk quickly about Michael Carberry. For those who don't know he's a opening batsman for Hampshire. He opens the bowling with me in this game and is leading wicket taker in the county championship thus far. Nice one Big Ant.

To be fair to the game I haven't spent long enough in bat to really criticise it. What I will say is it takes minimal skill and can be done one handed. Also you can't nudge and poke you way to a score. Everything seems really aggressive. Also shots that I seem to play go elsewhere. I like the idea of unorthodox shots but you never know which once your batsman is going to play. Personally prefer IC10s method of weighted analog stick movements for weight of shot. Much more sophisticated. 3-0

My last issue with this mode is the fielding. All the fielders can throw down the stumps no matter where they are. This should be a rare event. And even when the fielder does throw the stumps down and the wicket keepers end, the wicket keeper also knocks the stumps over just to make sure. 8/10 times the bowler also knocks the bails off when the batsman is safely home. Annoying.

The only other mode I've played (apart from a T20 match with my mate that was abandoned after ten overs because we both came to the conclusion it was shocking) is online mode.

I've been quite excited about playing online mode. I tell you don't bother. It is riddled with bugs. A few incidents.
1. Slow response to running. Run then for F&@% sake.
2. I played a nice ground stroke through the covers which the fielder stopped. Got given out caught.
3. When I'm in bat the fielders are like superman. That's a four he's nowhere near it. Oh no he's right under it all of a sudden.
4. No bowling meter. Pffft.
5. Batting feels sluggish and unresponsive.
6. The fielding reminds me of a clip I saw on YouTube for Ashes 13
7. All round jerky horrible feel that reminds me of a game I played about 8 years ago.

So these are my reasons for coming to the conclusion that this is a over hyped piece of junk. The only positive thing for me is the stats. I mean you would have done well to f&@% them up. I like looking at my average and strike rate over the season. I commend that. 3-1

So I will be putting my copy on eBay to try and regain some of my loss. I'll leave you with one last comment from that dull commentator as I mistakenly put Eoin Morgan into bowl my last online over. " the batsman will have to beware this bowler has terrific pace and can really hurt you"

You my friend, are a legend. I had so many high hopes for this game that were shattered when I picked it up yesterday.

You speak nothing but the truth and I can't believed I paid $99 for this, I paid less for fkin 2K on Ps4. Wow.

Atm, I think Im gonna stick with IC 2010; its winning 110 - 0

Much love

Last edited:
Filth!

He's clearly edited what @Biggs said to manufacture a mistake. He should know by now, Biggs makes no mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread