The Greatest Rugby League Try Ever

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll leave that to your discretion, but this is absolutely amazing. I was about 10 when this try was scored and yet I still vividly remember ever moment of being stood in the stands at Knowsley Road as Chris Joynt rolled over for one fo the greatest sporting moments i've ever witnessed. Absolutely sensational.

Let me paint the picture. It's St.Helens vs Bradford in the Super League Play-Off Semi Final and Bradford are winning and the clock has only 10 seconds left, yet somehow the Saints managed to score one of the all time great Rugby League tries with a remarkable show of how to keep the ball alive. Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know how to do rugby but that was good.

Meh, Union is better:

Your joking, right?

Thats a fairly good try, some nice passing but Rabbitohs scored a cracker againts Melbourne last year I think it was. Went through about 20 hands then a kick then a few more passes and they went over, I'll see if I can find it.

No way man, League kills union! I'm really getting into as of late.

But what a try!! (the first one)

Matt, that was a brilliant try. Getting the famous saying its wide to west. lol

A brilliant try, i didnt see it you know when the game was on but when istarted to go iwatched all the finals etc etc. What a great try and long took the kick with the hat on and there coach fainted lol good times

The commentator in the St Helens one said "Just like when Melbourne snatched victory from St George Illawara in the grand final...." That was in 1999 and I was at that game. Unfortunately the week before doesn't bring back good memories, long time Shark supporters would understand.

Brilliant try, made the union one look like poo :D

The commentator in the St Helens one said "Just like when Melbourne snatched victory from St George Illawara in the grand final...." That was in 1999 and I was at that game. Unfortunately the week before doesn't bring back good memories, long time Shark supporters would understand.

Brilliant try, made the union one look like poo :D

Argh, dont talk about that. That game is a joke, it was not a penalty try, the Melbourne player fell into it and (I forget who the dragons player was? :p) he didn't do anything wrong, he was making a fair tackle.

Matt, that was a brilliant try. Getting the famous saying its wide to west. lol

A brilliant try, i didnt see it you know when the game was on but when istarted to go iwatched all the finals etc etc. What a great try and long took the kick with the hat on and there coach fainted lol good times

I just meant, you joking about Union being better. So many AFL fans say League is full of gays jumping on each other but then a lot of them like Union better? lol.

This is:

Face!
What we're wearing sums up Rugby League.

Rugby League is stupid, too start-stop and not contested enough. Sports that see you tackle someone to the ground and then let them get up with ball in hand are stupid.

What we're wearing sums up Rugby League.

Rugby League is stupid, too start-stop and not contested enough. Sports that see you tackle someone to the ground and then let them get up with ball in hand are stupid.

Mate, it was the centenary game. Its the 100th year and we were wearing the centenary jerseys :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread