Story The Indian Brigade's Diary: Second ODI: ****First 10 Overs****

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes. Have a look at my Nottinghsamshire story. I'm not getting many comments at all and they're mostly from the same few people yet I haven't stopped updating it. I've nearly played 20 matches.

The main reason people do a story (or at least should be) is that they enjoy writing. Just take any comments that you get as a bonus. I am sorry to see you stop this story as it was good so far and if you kept going, you would start getting comments more frequently.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah I agree with all above that response factor is not the reason to stop a story. I agree with you also it take 30-45 mins to do an update but at the end of the day your doing to entertain others and you enjoy doing it. Have a look at m_vaughan's story or my Liverpool or even Mna Utd story in the other stories section. We just update and we post in each others story. But the main reason we are continuing with it is that we love writing stories and also we enjoy. So if enjoy you can continue as long as possible...;)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks a lot for all the response friends.
But, I cant find an alternative to Cricket 07 as well.

Cant give a good presentation with Cricsim. :facepalm

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Why though. Find some images on google of a player playing a wonderful cover drive and give it a caption. Have a look at Binnu's story. His is using cricsim and it still has good presentation.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Why though. Find some images on google of a player playing a wonderful cover drive and give it a caption. Have a look at Binnu's story. His is using cricsim and it still has good presentation.

And the roster?
From where do I get it?

I had made a latest roster but deleted it by mistake. :doh

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
For national teams, normally 10 minutes or so since you don't have to research everyones types and you can normally set a rough average for each player.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
bcci-logo1.gif
southafrica.jpg

India VS South Africa
Second ODI: Live from Hyderabad
Telecasted on PC TV

The Toss
South Africa wins the toss and elects to field first

41570_38852219173_1559702_q.jpg
: We will like to field first. We South Africans haven't played much on this ground and don't know much about how the pitch would actual shape as the time passes. Batting under lights would probably be easier for us.

ms-dhoni_50x50.jpg
: Its a good toss to lose I feel. We would have batted first here as during the evening, the ball tends to swing a lot giving our pacers a good opportunity to pick early wickets.

Pitch Report
with Arun Lal
Arun-Lal.jpg
: The pitch today does not like the normal Hyderabad pitch. The heavy showers yesterday evening have made the pitch slow and low. There will be some swing for the pacers early on, but not much to cherish. I feel it is going to be a cracker of a game as the pitch is neither in complete favor of the batsmen, nor the bowlers.

The Two Sides
India: V Sehwag, S Tendulkar, G Gambhir, S Raina, V Kohli, MS Dhoni*?, R Jadeja, H Singh, P Kumar, Z Khan, P Ojha

South Africa: H Amla, G Smith*, H Gibbs, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, J Kallis, M Boucher?, J Botha, M Morkel, R Peterson, D Steyn

Look out for

425837.html

The little master is in superb form and he is continuing it in the series with a well deserved half century in the previous match. People say that his presence itself is enough, but when he is in flow, its just the icing on the cake. Expect Sachin to fire in the match.

2qbres7.jpg

Predict the top runs scorer for India in this match, with the amount of runs. The one who predict the correct player with the closest score gets a prize vCash 1,000.

For example, you can predict:
Virender Sehwag - 60
Suresh Raina - 100, etc.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
bcci-logo1.gif
southafrica.jpg

India VS South Africa
Second ODI: Live from Hyderabad
Telecasted on PC TV

A good start for South Africa. Sachin gone early!!

India came out to bat and the openers were the two players who possibly form the best opening duo in the world at the moment, Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag. Entire pressure was on the South African bowlers, considering the fact that they were going to bowl to Sachin and Sehwag on the Hyderabad wicket, which has been favorable for batting for quite some years.

Morne Morkel and Dale Steyn started the proceedings for South Africa. The start was good as the bowlers managed to maintain a tight run rate. Sachin, unexpectedly looked a little uncomfortable whereas Sehwag on the other hand was in his flow. He managed to keep the run rate ticking over 3 and 4. Sachin couldn't manage to score even a double run shot until th4 6th over. The start was slow.

Main.jpg

Frustrated of not being able to score, Sachin tried to run for each and every single that was possible. Eventually, he got himself run out off Amla who was fielding at third-man. Trying to be greedy, Sehwag and Sachin ran for the second run which led to the wicket of Sachin. It was a big blow to India.

Smith then introduced Jacques Kallis into the attack. Nothing seems to be going wrong for the veteran at the moment. He struck gold on his second delivery of the match as he sent back Gambhir for no score next to his name. India suddenly fell from 34/0 to 35/2. The good news for India was that Sehwag was still at the crease.

Suresh Raina has just arrived at the crease and has a big task in his hand. He needs to support Sehwag well who his still at the crease on 35, with a good strike rate of 100.

Batting Scorecard

10overs1.png

Bowling Scorecard

10overs2.png

Summary

10overs3.png

With being placed at 47/2 after 10 overs and Sehwag in good touch, it will be interesting to see that how the match shapes up. If Sehwag manages to stay till 25-30 overs, India could easily get a score in excess of 275+. The South African captain also has many surprises in for Team India, and that is visible by giving the ball to AB de Villiers. With Steyn going good and Morkel finding his line and length gradually, alongside Kallis who struck in his first over and other guys like Botha, Duminy and de Villiers in the bowling attack, it isn't going to be easy for India. Stay tuned....

Graphs

-----------------------------------------------------------

Manhattan - Worm - Run Rate - Partnerships - 10 Over Block

-----------------------------------------------------------​

Dutchmen

Club Captain
Looks like you're gonna continue this story. I'd like to dismiss Sehwag if I control the team. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Nice to see this on AC09. I'd suggest you to use aussie1st's roster and update the bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread