The Official 'Quitters' Thread

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
hmmmm..... This is really a major problem. I spread billions of runs last year with AC 09 played with each and every best player out there however I was never into Rankings. With This year, well there is no chance. They should do an online patch as soon as possible because the offline experience is much similar, we are more eager to play online

jaraarrow

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rankings

Yup and that was basically the same thing last year. There was no way I could even break into top 100 with so many quits. This year it's gonna be worse as folks who only for leaderboard rankings don't do it for fun, they do it to see their names on top of the board and these are the kind of folks who will go to any level to make sure their ranking is not affected by a loss.

I am willing to wager that the majority of top rankers on IC10 leaderboard will have poor sportsmanship ranking but hey who cares as long as you are ranked at the top. At least Codies don't.

I like to be high in the rankings and i dont quit games.

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
narangjawahar here is another loser who has this game like most others just to quit...now this is beyond the limit, Trickstar talk about supportmanship? do you really think quitters give a damn about that? NO...because they know they will not get a loss so it's ok to quit.And some of them turn out some of the most stupidist excuses like...i have to go, oh breakfast , like the other day someone quit on me and said Dinner time. i mean grow up you bunch of losers.Next year you need to improve online and the server as i cannot play some of my friends online...do not get me wrong the game is class but online is shambles and it needs looking at...all other games online has a system set if one quits then the other person gets a win? surely it can be done for cricket games...i am dissapointed because i cannot play my friends and on top when i do find a game online to play only for someone to quit! it really does dissapoint you when you play a game for few hours online then someone quits...time wasted and not even a win or a full match.

Last edited:

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
I dont know how Codies can ignore simple things like penalties for online quitters.

Other thing they need to look at is that you can not back out once you chose a ranked match. You should not be able to pick your opponent that should be under friendly matches not ranked.

Codies programmers lacked common sense when they designed online gaming model. I hope no other games copy their style!

fguy

School Cricketer
how do you guys know that the opponent has quit & its not a server side issue. seeing as so many people have had issues with incomplete games even with people they know?? does it give any message other than "connection to host lost" which is what i get in my dropped games

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I dont know how Codies can ignore simple things like penalties for online quitters.

Other thing they need to look at is that you can not back out once you chose a ranked match. You should not be able to pick your opponent that should be under friendly matches not ranked.

Codies programmers lacked common sense when they designed online gaming model. I hope no other games copy their style!

We actually discussed this with them when talking about the AC09 patch. They were worried about penalising people with genuine connection issues. If you only penalise people who quit then others can pull out the cable, reset the router etc.
Sportsmanship rating was what they came up with; I reckon we'll have to wait a bit longer to see if it worked.

baazigar123

School Cricketer
It is too early to termed someone as a quitter, because most of the people are having connection issues.

So refrain from calling someone quitter, unless you are absolutely sure.

Just a opinion..

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
It is too early to termed someone as a quitter, because most of the people are having connection issues.

So refrain from calling someone quitter, unless you are absolutely sure.

Just a opinion..

so in a cricket game all of sudden people are having connection issues are they? you are wrong, there are people who cannot take losses...this happens even in a football game but atleast there you get rewarded a win.And the connection issue is just a excuse.I have had no issues playing with most of my friends so how comes others will? it's simple losing hurts so let's quit.

baazigar123

School Cricketer
so in a cricket game all of sudden people are having connection issues are they? you are wrong, there are people who cannot take losses...this happens even in a football game but atleast there you get rewarded a win.And the connection issue is just a excuse.I have had no issues playing with most of my friends so how comes others will? it's simple losing hurts so let's quit.

That's why I said "unless you are absolutely sure"

And as per my knowledge people playing from UK don't have any connection issues. Ask people who are playing from Australia or India.
Most of them are having "connection lost" problem.

I only have connection issue in this game. I can play all other games like fifa normally.

And you are right, if you are about to win and connection is lost then its surely someone has quit.

Problem with us is that we can hardly play 3 or 4 balls, when someone hits lofted shot connection loses.
Refer this thread:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...forum/connection-lost-problem-help-67414.html

Last edited:

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
That's why I said "unless you are absolutely sure"

And as per my knowledge people playing from UK don't have any connection issues. Ask people who are playing from Australia or India.
Most of them are having "connection lost" problem.

I only have connection issue in this game. I can play all other games like fifa normally.

And you are right, if you are about to win and connection is lost then its surely someone has quit.

Problem with us is that we can hardly play 3 or 4 balls, when someone hits lofted shot connection loses.
Refer this thread:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...forum/connection-lost-problem-help-67414.html

Yes i understand other countries are having issues , but even most from UK are quitting.You hit two or three lofted shots when it's needed to someone will quit.I mean what else you suppose to do when you know you have to go for some big shots...it's just a downside to this game which itself is very good.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Struck with hell of quitters again. Faraz92, I was 38 for no loss in 1.1 overs he quitted when being hitted a massive Six. Naranjahawar is a big loser as mentioned by ghilchrist rules. So far everyone is a loser there. Cricket_Online I will add you tommorow. My PSN is winnergaming85

UnderTaker

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
k.. gurpreet_boy never play him... he quit twice on me.. a 20 ov and a OD. both ven i was goin strong while batting

Users who are viewing this thread