Transmission Please Respond: "Patch not compatible with installed version"

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
same problem for me and it feels so bad, we didnt do anything worng and we did pay the price as well :facepalm

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
The distributor - i.e. Gamesplanet, Steam, etc. They put their own protection on, so once the patch is ready to roll out, I expect they'll push it out to the users - this is not confirmed nor guaranteed, however.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The distributor - i.e. Gamesplanet, Steam, etc. They put their own protection on, so once the patch is ready to roll out, I expect they'll push it out to the users - this is not confirmed nor guaranteed, however.

Ever feel like you're fighting a losing battle with so many members on this forum?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Look at the positives of it though, right now you might not be able to play it, but in a month or so, you will be able to.

exactly. I will download the final patch not any beta even though I can play beta.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
steam is really good, it automatically updates games with patch so u guys don't need to worry till final patch is out and wait patiently.

alioz

Club Cricketer
Come on guys.... i am a console owner and we will get the patch last...but thats ok because i want to get it when everything is perfect....we console owners paid more then pc download version and we are ok with this....lets give transmission a break! atleast they are fixing the problems and be happy for that reason.....we need to be mature about this and just not complain on every little mistake they make. let them attend to fixing the game and we should not distract them from that. just wait like all the console owners. you are no special. :noway

ulukai

Club Cricketer
I agree about stopping the bickering. I created this thread cos I was pretty annoyed initially but Rob's explanation was good enough for me.

If you need more confirmation, this is the response I got from Codemaster's official tech support:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

The beta patch is not compatible with Gamesplanet or Steam versions of the game I'm afraid. It is only compatible with the disc version of the game.

When the full version of the patch is released, however, it will be compatible with all versions of the game (or there will be a separate version for the downloaded versions).

Kind regards
Codemasters Customer Services

And if that isn't enough, I mailed Gamesplanet and got this response:

Thank you for contacting the Gamesplanet customer service

In response to your query sent on 21 September 2009, please find below the requested information.
As our games are specially packaged for download, the patches that are available on the web and usually concern the retail versions of the games are not applicable to the games you have downloaded from our service.

However, we are constantly working with the developers in order to bring you the special download version patches. Due to grueling testing procedures and a high rate of games being delivered each week, we are not always able to bring you the latest patches the day they are released for retail versions.

We do recommend you to check our Help/Support section of our website, where the patches will be posted. Please deinstall and reinstall the game without patching it.

If you have further questions or other problems, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.

Please excuse us for the delay of our answer.
Thank you,

Best Regards,
Sarune
Gamesplanet Customer Service
Gamesplanet.com/UK

So I don't know if anyone needs more clarification on this topic. Given how awesome TM has been about listening to fan feedback and making this patch, the least we can do is wait patiently a month.

ps. Admins, feel free to close this thread if you want

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I thought about closing it but hoped new people might actually read it rather than posting the same thing again and again...

sorrydaijin

Club Captain
I thought about closing it but hoped new people might actually read it rather than posting the same thing again and again...

That's a bit optimistic!
I think I will have to steer clear of PC for a while because hearing all the great comments about the patch is driving me nuts! Can't wait till the final patch is released, and kudos to TG and PC for making sure feedback actually gets into a cricket game. Surely that is a first!!!

Users who are viewing this thread