Transmission Please Respond: "Patch not compatible with installed version"

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Maybe the sad fact is you're just going to have to wait for the full patch, which you'll be getting a lot sooner than the consolers :( :( it's not going to kill you you know

Brook

Club Captain
I realise of course that is ideal, but you're still getting a better deal than people with consoles (ie me) and doubly bad is that everyone's gone off to play it.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Maybe the sad fact is you're just going to have to wait for the full patch, which you'll be getting a lot sooner than the consolers :( :( it's not going to kill you you know

Well, that is assuming Codemasters ensures that the patch is compatible with the online version! I've mailed them but no official response on this yet..

Sureshot

Executive member
Look at the positives of it though, right now you might not be able to play it, but in a month or so, you will be able to.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I have an answer for you on this one...

Codemasters aren't equating download versions with pirated versions and refusing to patch them. It's just a logistical problem caused by the fact that download sites use a different form of protection to the one used on the original (disk based) release. Once beta testing is completed and Codemasters are ready to release the official patch, they will try and provide download users with a way of patching their games probably coinciding with the console release.

ulukai

Club Cricketer
I have an answer for you on this one...

Thanks again Colin! I also got a mail back from Codemasters confirming this. Can't wait for the final release.

ps. This is by far the best forum I've seen in terms of helpful responses from mods, other members etc. Gr8 job guys!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I think I'll play with the new patch instead if I can
I have a strong feeling your idea won't work. If the exe is being changed by the patch (and it is), and you swap the gameplanet one for the retail one to get the patch to install, and then go back to the gameplanet exe after that, it won't have the required code changes that will make the patch work.

You'll likely just be downloading a specific gameplanet update, which will only come with the final patch release.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I have a strong feeling your idea won't work. If the exe is being changed by the patch (and it is), and you swap the gameplanet one for the retail one to get the patch to install, and then go back to the gameplanet exe after that, it won't have the required code changes that will make the patch work.

You'll likely just be downloading a specific gameplanet update, which will only come with the final patch release.
Actually I was going to change the exe to a retail one, then patch the game, and use a CD image to boot the game (if it requires a CD inserted to start).

Which would theoretically work, I think.

b8hoven

School Cricketer
Actually I was going to change the exe to a retail one, then patch the game, and use a CD image to boot the game (if it requires a CD inserted to start).

Which would theoretically work, I think.

I don't think it will work as the retail exe is protected by Securom, which will require you to insert the original dvd, it will not recognise any mounted images. It will just give you the message "wrong disk inserted".

Users who are viewing this thread