TRG: Water Wings:Tiffany Page Twitter Update: Tour In Near Future

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
15rbghz.png

FEATURES

Interview: Pat Smear - New Band, Same Pat

RTEmagicC_PatSmearweb_02.jpg.jpg
Born in Los Angeles, California, Pat Smear is now 50 years old and has nearly spent 35 years in the music business. Most of you will recognize him as that blonde haired guy with the red yellow and blue striped guitar from Nirvana's MTV Unplugged performance. Well he's more than that readers. He began his musical career with a Punk Rock band called Germs in the late 70's. After that he had a brief stint with The Adolescents. In the 90's Smear spent 6 months touring with Nirvana before Cobain's untimely death. Since then he has been in and out of the Foo Fighters. Recently he has been touring and recording with The Germs since their reunion in 2005.

Q: Hi Pat, How are you?
Pat Smear:
Pleased to be here, Just spent the morning at Cindy Crawford's place. **** me she's a whiny little *****.

Q: Is there something going on between you and Cindy Crawford then?
PS:
What, no? Remember that show House Of Style. It was on MTV a few years back. I used to be on it occasionally when she hosted the show. Anyhoo it was cancelled 10 years ago but she's in talks with MTV to get it back on the air.

Q: So how has things been recently, in terms of music?
PS:
Well I've been touring with Germs lately. Shane West the new singer is a cool guy and we get a long well but I think it's time to take a break from the band for a bit. I've got a new project lined up which I think will be a big success, I assume that's why you wanted to interview me.

Q: Yes it is. So what can you tell us about your new project?
PS:
Well I suppose you could call it a kind of grunge super band. It all started 3 months ago. I went to visit my close friend D'arcy Wretzky, former bassist for The Smashing Pumpkins. She said she was ready to get back into the music business. I already had former Pearl Jam drummer Dave Abbruzzese on board, all we needed now was a decent vocalist. I considered Shane West but he wanted to stay with Germs.

Q: Have you signed up a goo singer yet?
PS:
Well I arrived hear in Britain a week ago. I went to a Hole concert. Don't worry I wasn't thinking about asking Courtney Love to join the group. Anyway opening for the band was a local girl called Tiffany Page. As soon as I heard her I knew she was perfect. This guitar playing rock chick with an I couldn't care less attitude.

Q: We know Tiffany Page, she's about to become big here and We hate to burst your bubble Pat, but she may not be as rock and roll as you think.
PS:
I wouldn't be so sure. I went to talk with her backstage after the show. I don't mean to brag but she was pretty shocked to see me in front of her wanting to speak to her. Let's just say she was rather familiar with my work. Anyway we got to talking and she agreed to come back to the states with me and join the band. She kept insisting she was huge Nirvana fan every 5 minutes.

Q: I'm not sure Mercury Records will be too impressed that you nicked they're latest rising star.
PS:
Well she's with us at Dirty Donut Records now.

Q: Dirty Donut Records, is that the record company you set up earlier this year?.
PS:
It is indeed.

Q: Hows that going?
PS:
Well we haven't signed any bands except for my new band, Water Wings.

Q:Well Pat, we must be off, we hope to hear more news about your new band Water Wings
PS:
Bye Then.

Well with bands like Bush and Soundgarden reforming and then this new all star grunge band Water Wings, is this the re-birth of grunge?

1621z80.png

I thought I'd try a story with a game nobody's used before. "The Rockstar Game." Also for some of it I'll be using Shady O'Grady's Rising Star by Gillie Games.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Love it. Very original and very interesting. Tiffany Page is a brilliant singer, and you have some decent musicians there. Look forward to seeing where you go with this, good luck :)

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Band Profile: Dave Abbruzzese

5mabo9.png

Instrument: Drums, Keyboard
Influences: John Bonham
Previous Acts: Pearl Jam
Biography: Dave Abbruzzese was born in Stamford , Connecticut. He moved to Texas at an early age where he began drumming. He dropped out of High School to focus on his drumming. His first band was a three piece Funk band called Dr. Tongue. In 1991 he recieved a phone call from Matt Chamberlain, former Pearl Jam drummer to see whether he wanted to replace him. He was reluctant at first as he had completely different music taste to the other members in Pearl Jam but after performing two shows with them he decided to stick around. He stayed with Pearl Jam throughout their early success but left in 1995 after the release of their third album Vitalogy.

He spent the late 90's working with Guns 'n' Roses singer Axl Rose. Writing Material for Chinese Democracy a GnR album that was released a decade later. In 2000 he went back to his funk roots and produced Hairy Apes BMX's second album Out Demons. He also toured with them for a brief period.

Last edited:

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Band Profile: Tiffany Page

tiff_01_2501_87563a.jpg

Instrument: Vocals, Guitar
Influences: Nirvana, Queens Of The Stoneage, Hole
Previous Acts: -
Biography: Expected to be the next KT Tunstall. Tiffany Page has recently landed on the British music scene, having released 2 singles this year. Walk Away Slow and On Your Head which recieved a large amount of airplay time in the UK. Her debut album is expected to be released in August this year.

After opening for Hole whilst they toured the UK earlier this year she was approached by legendary guitarist Pat Smear. Pat was amazed by her talents and recruited her for his up and coming Post Grunge band Water Wings. Since the encounter with Pat Smear she has moved to the USA to meet up with her new band.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
Band Profile: D'arcy Wretzky

darcy.jpg

Instrument: Bass, Violin
Influences: Davy Jones
Previous Acts: Smashing Pumpkins, Catherine
Biography: Born in South Haven, Michigan into a musical family. D'arcy was encouraged to learn the violin from an early age. She spent her youth playing in Post punk cover bands. One night her band was playing in a local rock club. She overheard Billy Corgan (The Smashing Pumpkins) critisise her band's performance. This lead to an argument and some how Billy Corgan managed to recruit her into his band, The Smashing Pumpkins, who at the time where compeltely unknown.

She stayed with The Smashing Pumpkins for 11 years and left in 1999 a year before th band broke up. In her last few years with TSM, she worked with another band alternative rock band called Catherine. People accused her of only doing this because she was married to the band's drummer Kerry Brown.

She has been called straneg by many people who have gotten to know her and she claims to be a tomboy and in 1999 she gave up her music career claiming she was too weak to continue with it. Now she is back and better than ever with her new band Water Wings.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
2uyj0bl.png

Just been in the studio recording some rough stuff. We'll be going
on tour in a few weeks I think, hopefully we'll have enough songs ready
by then.
July 22|18:16PM

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great start mate, but just one thing. Check up on your grammar and typos before posting the update. There are a fair few mistakes in the D'arcy Wretzky biography.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
A story of Band. Awesome lot's of creativity