Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

stunnah said:
I'm still finding the batting too hard.....I can't seem to get past 50 without losing at least 7 or 8 wkts!!!! is it just me?

Sorry mate, its just u.

beefy both said:
I was playing for australia against england and warne was bowling to giles around the wicket,giles seemed to play a forward defensive shot and miss, benaud and the umpire acknowledged it as a four and the game froze,unfortunely i did not have fraps running to capture the error message.

dunno y this happens. try uninstalling the patch by deleting both the .BIG files, then running the game, and then re-installing the patch.

Coopa said:
O.K, me and a Friend have played quite long and hard with your patch. It is great but obviously I have some suggestions, the problem is most of them revolve around making the computer bowl in better positions, and slowing down the outfield and fielders.

-Easier Cuts (you have said you have had a look at this which is good)

-Better Field Placings (could they be a little more intelligent and change when you start scoring in the same area and side.)

-The only edges I have ever got is when the ball is angled in at leg stump with a little swing. You hardly ever edge it when going for a drive and mis-timing.

-Less easy to leg glance. The power and direction is good but you should be punished for bad timing more, I can play really early and still angle down to fine leg or really late and not edge it.

I'm sorry if it seems picky, but it really is brilliant. Amazing in fact.

Easier Cuts - Looking into it. Strangely if u notice, when cpu plays it(Cuts shots and BF Cover drive), he is able to hit it wth good power, when we hit...the shot has less power. Dunno y this is happening.

Field Placing - We cant change how cpu places its fielders through A.I. editing. Strangely, in Cricket 2004, cpu used to place 1 fielder where most of the runs are scored, this 1 fielder placement is absent in Cricket 2005.

Edges - Ironically, I havn't had a single edge in ODI myself, but wth my patch others seem to get good amount of edges, so dunno how to fix it for those who do not get edges.(incl. myself)

Leg Glance - Direction & Power tweaked.

Mahesh Babu said:
Does this support test matches?
Actually i dont play c2005 that much.
I played as Ind vs Eng at lords,normal pitch
First innings ind 57allout
eng auto played it (bowling boring) 622-2 decl.
ind second innings 80allout.I did my best to bat well in second innings but cpu most of the time bowled at the stumps :mad and due to that it was difficult to bat and boring as I play only leg glance,on drive shots.

Please increase the Maxpositionadjust value.

Hey batting should be fun man not this kind of boring. :)

yes it supports test matches as well.

as i have said.....over....n over n over........cpu bolwing on stumps is a bug in cricket 2005, if just trying to fix it wth a.i. editing(dunno if its possible)

Mahesh Babu said:
Batting is easy
Use legglance,ondrive shots .
When CPU bowls a yorker (which it bowls 60% of the time :mad ) press 'S' button just when the ball is released from the bowler's hand.

tutsi look at these points for 1.4
*fielders misfield a lot and animation still shows as if they are throwing the ball.
*Fielders seem to move too fast
*CPU bowls at stumps 90% of time (this is really frustating ).This is making me to play legside shots 90% of the time.
*CPU is not playing legglance shot.Instead its playing ondrive shot only.
*I get edges only in tests.
*I haven't got any edge from CPU in normal,hard conditions in ODI.(its just missing the bat)
*CPU never tried to leave the ball in ODI.
*Would like to see good field settings with third man.(this will make the game more genuine)

One thing is for sure This game will never be better than BLC99 in terms of smooth gameplay.

One more thing,im new to C2005 can anyone tell how to edit players?

Players Miss-fielding - Can only be changed wth a player editor.

Players moving too fast - Can only be changed wth a player editor.

CPU bowling at stumps - I think i have answered this way too many times.

CPU not playing leg glance - FIXED

Edges only in test - Same wth me, but most seem to get good edges in ODIs too.

CPU not leaving in ODIs - Why should they? They need to score as many runs as possible.(PLZ do not try to compair Cricket 2005 wth REAL Cricket)

Field Settings - Cant change as to how cpu places its fielders wth a.i. editing.

In Swinger said:
The AI is still too easy to bowl out in 50 over
ODI's(proper bowling), even with Tutsi's or Eddies
AI patch. They just get bogged down after loosing
a few wickets and they're usually bowled out
around 30 overs.

Well that's how my games seem to go anyhow :(

This getting bogged down period really needs some
serious attention :mad :D

that wont be the case wth 1.3, pacing have been re-done.

christy_lenin1 said:
When is 1.3 patch going to be released waiting for it. Many told they got lot of edges i didnt got even a single edge so far try to make more edges. And leg glance is going into the same direction which is irritating,try to change the direction of the ball according to the timing . I hope these changes in ur next patch

Release will take time.

Edges thing has been answered.

Leg glace as been tweaked.

thereweremoreedges2ev.png

Hey Tutsi The Batting Is Still Too Difficult Specially If We Try To Hit Six It Only Goes Into Fielders Hands Plz Fix It Too

rock_cool2003 said:
Hey Tutsi The Batting Is Still Too Difficult Specially If We Try To Hit Six It Only Goes Into Fielders Hands Plz Fix It Too

man, get used to it fast, coz the gameplay in 1.3 is really goin to be REALISTICALLY challenging.

tutsi if I want to try your ai file where do I put it and is it easy enough to back up the original?
and what is the name of the original etc etc

JANER said:
tutsi if I want to try your ai file where do I put it and is it easy enough to back up the original?
and what is the name of the original etc etc
Read the first post :mad

Hey Tutsi,

Your patch is great. It makes the game so much playable now. But "i" have a problem. I don't want to use the six hit button most of the time. But without using it i am unable to achieve a run rate more than 6 constantly. I am not able to play for the complete 50 overs. The drives and the leg glances go into the air some times, this makes me lose wickets atleast every 5 overs. I am unable to score the targets above 200 itself. I keep on getting 120/4 130/7..... I practiced a lot, but no use. I played atleast twenty 50 over matches. I won none of them not even with bangladesh. Any Help is appreciated from any one over there

:help

Thanks the for the patch :hpraise

Tutsi, gave your patch a quick 10 mins as I had to do something but in those 10 mins the game was most enjoyable, I just continued my test I am playing but because I have pld EA cricket 2005 inside out every day since it's release I noticed straight away the diff "paths" the ball went, wheras b4 it kinda felt like the joypad done a range of maybe 8 cone shots now it feels like it is limitless, was that the point of the patch?
Bit l;ike pro evo soccer 4, ie no set course for ball cept where you hit it!
I give another 10 mins then I have to go out for awhile
ta very much
btw 1.2 version I am using!

Tutsi - have used your patches for ages now in C2004 & C2005. Using 1.2 I had a very odd end to my up 'til then pretty realistic 4 day match. I was playing as India against Worcestershire, Worcester need 176 to win the game in their final innings with a day & a half to get the runs. Rather than pace themelves & pick up these runs gradually they went hell for leather from the first ball, slogging at everything! I had them all out for 90 in 10 overs, with 9 of the wickets catches on the boundary! I read somewhere else that people have experienced this crazy AI - is this an inadvertent feature of your patch? Can it be fixed?

Anyway thanks for your great work & look forward to 1.3

mmmm my game has crashed twice now, some type of error, I try a few more times and then may have to remove your files Tutsi

scorpion_rulezz said:
The same thing happened with me too :eek: Have taken the pic of tha error..pic is not clear :rolleyes: can anyone plz sort it out why did this happens whenever i try to play a hook shot !! :(:(:( :upray :upray
:cheers
Thats what I got!!!! #192 the guy attacthed an image

It crashed again :(
Very bad crash that completely froze and locked my computer, no message though this time, I will remove your files til you have this sorted out, pity/

JANER said:
mmmm my game has crashed twice now, some type of error, I try a few more times and then may have to remove your files Tutsi

Thats what I got!!!! #192 the guy attacthed an image

It crashed again :(
Very bad crash that completely froze and locked my computer, no message though this time, I will remove your files til you have this sorted out, pity/

yes happened to me at exactly the same time and situation as last time.something about ''line 53''.good patch though i cannot even contemplate playing the game without it

Er I have had enough of HL2DM crashing with that memory bug then to put up with it in another game when I don't have to.

tutsipoppy2 said:
man, get used to it fast, coz the gameplay in 1.3 is really goin to be REALISTICALLY challenging.

Good on ya Tutsi......stick to ya guns ;)

I was a bit worried when people started asking for
a dumbed down patch......

Thought you might be thinking of listening to them :(
Good to see it ain't so.

Of course you can make a dumb patch....
but only after the realistic one is done...
And that's an order...... :D :D :D

thnx guys,

and yea, the problem relating to crashing......well it happened wth me once but after tht it never happened again.

the only thing i can spot over here is tht, since we DO NOT have a proper a.i. patching program, so the method i'm using to edit the a.i. is maybe creating some sort of a confusin b/w the stroke files which may be causing this.

but dont worry, since i cant start working on fixing 1.2, i'll make sure tht this sort of a thing never happens wth 1.3.

Nice one, funnily enough it's when I was just about to pull of an extravagent shot that it crashed the last time I used your patch so I think you have hit the nail on the head.
So you think this will be sorted out in 1.3 patch?
If so coolies :)

Users who are viewing this thread