Tutsi's A.I Patch Version : 3.0 Complete Edition

This is hard mode using Sam's .exe - the same conditions I based my previous review on.

As England were losing to the French, I have let cpu play cpu - WI vs SA hard level 5-day. Hard pitch and sunny. SA 473 - 7 dec. after 74 overs. WI - 437 - 6 after 58 overs. Damn - these guys are going for it! Wish i'd got tickets for this one.

It Seems that Autoplay and "Real Play" have their differences. When I sober up from the pub after watching the rugby, I will play more 5 day games and see which of the two is the game-mode to base the pacing on.

JB.

Last edited:
my first impressions of your patch are very Tutsi! I found bowling much more fun especially with my swing bowlers! The swing is very noticeable, the seam less so, but still an improvement! Havent tested sppin very much yet but it seems good! CPU paceing in tests is also very good, ie they dont just slog everyball, if you keep your line and length inch perfect they will leave or defend! I have not done much batting yet, (batted about 8 overs) but it seems much harder and i couldnt hit a 6, although i could score many boundaries! Is it possible to hit sixes because i seem to time it well it just never goes far enough?

Overall this is the best patch out of any released so far and i expect to use it for a long time! So good work, when i have played more matches (i am now) i will reply with some more reports!

thats should say very good not very tutsi lol. One more thing i tried medium and hard settings, i found many more nicks on medium that made it to easy, so if you arent the best gamer id still give this patch a try

well i have had some more time with the patch here is a general report! I have onlt tested Tests so far

Good: Bowling much improved, Seam SWING and to some extent spin. 6's are harder to hit, chargeing down the pitch sees more effective. Batting is harder but not to hard. Able to bowl the cpu out occasionally!

Bad Points: CPU Hits way to many boundaries (early in their innings they pace it well) as soon as the batting meter reaches near full they dont hit 1'2'3's only 4's! I had roughly 200 runs scored off me, every run was a four! Yes the outfield was fast but this was daft i had 5 6 men covering the boundry at one point.
Whilst this patch has more good points than bad this for me is to much i am touring the sub continent and i cant have every hit being a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 6!

I hate to contradict what i said earlier and this is a good patch but for the time being i am rolling back to the original game on hard mode! I also didnt have one nick to the slips in 40 overs! :(

well....thx for ur review on the patch The_gas.

well everybody has its own style of playing so everybody will have different opinions about it.

well as u said that the CPU is scoring a lot out of you specially in boundaries. either ur not bowling well enough OR u have not set the correct field.

believe me i play with my own patch too. the bats man try to hit boundaries early at the start and at the end of the innings. in between they are just pushing it away for 1s and 2s. i may give 2-3 boundaries in an over but in the next couple i am able to contain them.

the pacing of cpu innings and hiting boundaries also depent upon which team u have taken and whichteam r playing against.(refering to their rank n stuff)

well there are number of factors affecting different aspects of the game.

it all depends how to play with it.

Last edited:
I have the patch stoed on my hard drive for when the game becomes to easy as i believe it shows potential! Is there any difference between easy, medium and hard?

From what people are saying Ill have to give you patch a go.

I downloaded it but have to been using Ravis as it is in the tournaments.

Well have a go at your though and tell you what I think.

im downloading it now and will report back,
i was getting too many 4-byes with sam's exe, so i will be trying this

you still must use sams exe to rid the game of all the lame bugs avirax! But im giving tutsi's patch another go

Hi,
have been using your patch for a bit longer now and can fill you in on a few more details. Have not yet tried the 1-day stuff yet as I am getting engrossed in test matches.

If you have read my thread in the "tours and strategies" section you will see the scores I managed on a "normal" pitch against the West Indies A. IMO there were too many edges from the CPU batsmen, although this may just be the quality of their side compared to a full test side.

Started playing a test match as England against WI. You will know from the "England's tour of the Caribbean" thread that I am not the best of batsmen. After 10 overs on hard mode with hard pitch, England are 81 for 1. I Have currently hit 14 fours. There have been 5 lots of 4-byes over the keeper's head and the singles were basically me getting bored and trying (and failing) power shots.

The big problem is that most badly-timed shots go for 4 as well as the good-timing shots and so the confidence meter shoots up. Then of course, everything starts to go for 4!

This one may need some more work. As The_gas has mentioned on another thread, it would be nice to see the speed of the outfield reduced slightly on this (and probably the dusty pitch as well looking at the config settings).

I have experimented with the config editor and have come up with the following values as a suggestion:

VeltoSpin 0.20
SpintoVel 0.14
VelocityReduce 0.025

I think these work better for me, but have not played with them for very long. See what you think.

Incidentally, setting both veltospin & spintovel as 2.0 produces some comical pinball effects!!

yes...i have taken into account the small problems reported by you and the_gas about outfield speed and stuff.

glad to say that the next update v3.1 is comming really soon.

i'm sure all will be fixed.

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
yes...i have taken into account the small problems reported by you and the_gas about outfield speed and stuff.

Good work mate i look forward to it, as the other was nearly perfect! Dont alter the edges to much as against a good team they are few and far between

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2

Excellent work. The problem is there are so many permutations that need testing - it is impossible to get everything. The more people use it, the more "testing time" you have. Look forward to 3.1 mate.

I have just used this patch & managed as Kent playing on hard level to bowl Notts out in their 2nd innings for 8. To make matters worse 7 of those were byes!!!!!

Wet pitch, overcast & hot.

Bowling two spinners Muralthiralan & a batsman from Kent whose spin rating was very poor.

Aim out side off stump. put on maximum spin, bowl at the slowest speed & the ball cuts back massively while keeping very low (ankle height) to get the batsman out either bowled or LBW - in either case he was playing no shot (lifting his bat as if to leave a ball flying at waist height down the off side). The only runs were where there was too much spin & the ball shot across past leg stump for byes.

Tutsi I am not sure if this is something you can control but it renders the patch unplayable under those pitch/weather settings.

It's a shame as otherwise it's a great effort........

Users who are viewing this thread