TV Series General Discussion

The_Good_Place_TV_Series-605671019-large.jpg

8.5/10

Among the better comedy shows in my opinion. I really liked the idea of the show (afterlife and consequences of your actions) and most of the execution. The ending was great. Although I felt all four seasons dragged a little longer than they should've, none of the episodes were bad or inconsequential. The main cast had great chemistry and the supporting roles were top-notch as well. Brooklyn 99 fans would love this. Similar vibes and style of comedy.

Season 1 is my favourite because it was much simpler and the twist (Ep 13) was done neatly. Definitely my favourite episode but the series finale is a close second.

Finished Kim's Convenience - the final season was meh, seemed rushed and no closure. The first 2-3 seasons were good.
I loved Kim's agree about the last season

The_Good_Place_TV_Series-605671019-large.jpg

8.5/10

Among the better comedy shows in my opinion. I really liked the idea of the show (afterlife and consequences of your actions) and most of the execution. The ending was great. Although I felt all four seasons dragged a little longer than they should've, none of the episodes were bad or inconsequential. The main cast had great chemistry and the supporting roles were top-notch as well. Brooklyn 99 fans would love this. Similar vibes and style of comedy.

Season 1 is my favourite because it was much simpler and the twist (Ep 13) was done neatly. Definitely my favourite episode but the series finale is a close second.
One of my favorite shows off all time

I feel that Loki Season 2 was sub par and not as exciting as Season 1.

Here's my take,

The last 15 mins of S2 finale, where we see Loki fights again and again with Sylvie and then having that conversation with He Who Remains, is what I feel, was the actual ending of Season 1 finale and that is how Loki was suppose to end just after one season (which when I now think in retrospect would have been a much much better ending)

But what Marvel did instead is that it quickly realised the traction Loki was getting in Season 1 and hence tweaked the season 1 finale so that they can milk another season out of it. (There were news of reshoots for finale of Season 1 going around couple of years back)

I am okay with that if the next season is building something over and above it, but now speaking of Season 2,

They built so many things and then just let it slide casually or just ended it abruptly.

- The Victor Timely build up - went in vain
- The Brad Wolfe thing - pruned midway
- The Renslayer mystery from Season 1 - Under par utilisation
- The Miss Minutes craziness - completely botched in the second half of the season
- TVA Rebel Hunters - just exterminated casually out of no where
- And most importantly of all, for God Sake they just sidelined the most lovable character of Loki Season 1 which was Sylvie. She went from the OP to a sideline character.

Also the entire story which was into Loki fulfilling his Glorious purpose (which was a good shot at it) but all the other set up towards it now just feels like that they were only fillers. The whole build up to the Temporal Loom in first few episodes was just given away as a fail safe. That is just lazy writing. If the producers really wanted to go that route, they could have just went ahead for another season and took things slow.

The entire second half act of the season looked very rushed and very unidirectional instead of having a rounded arc.

And that is my caveat for this season.

P.s there were a select good things as well,
- They completed the Mobius arc well and that jet ski cut was just major fan service
- The OB story was also quite refreshing and that snake catching its own tail with the TVA handbook connection was unique

But all and all, while others may feel otherwise, for me it wasn't able to fit the magic of Season 1.

Last edited:
I feel that Loki Season 2 was sub par and not as exciting as Season 1.

Here's my take,

The last 15 mins of S2 finale, where we see Loki fights again and again with Sylvie and then having that conversation with He Who Remains, is what I feel, was the actual ending of Season 1 finale and that is how Loki was suppose to end just after one season (which when I now think in retrospect would have been a much much better ending)

But what Marvel did instead is that it quickly realised the traction Loki was getting in Season 1 and hence tweaked the season 1 finale so that they can milk another season out of it. (There were news of reshoots for finale of Season 1 going around couple of years back)

I am okay with that if the next season is building something over and above it, but now speaking of Season 2,

They built so many things and then just let it slide casually or just ended it abruptly.

- The Victor Timely build up - went in vain
- The Brad Wolfe thing - pruned midway
- The Renslayer mystery from Season 1 - Under par utilisation
- The Miss Minutes craziness - completely botched in the second half of the season
- TVA Rebel Hunters - just exterminated casually out of no where
- And most importantly of all, for God Sake they just sidelined the most lovable character of Loki Season 1 which was Sylvie. She went from the OP to a sideline character.

Also the entire story which was into Loki fulfilling his Glorious purpose (which was a good shot at it) but all the other set up towards it now just feels like that they were only fillers. The whole build up to the Temporal Loom in first few episodes was just given away as a fail safe. That is just lazy writing. If the producers really wanted to go that route, they could have just went ahead for another season and took things slow.

The entire second half act of the season looked very rushed and very unidirectional instead of having a rounded arc.

And that is my caveat for this season.

P.s there were a select good things as well,
- They completed the Mobius arc well and that jet ski cut was just major fan service
- The OB story was also quite refreshing and that snake catching its own tail with the TVA handbook connection was unique

But all and all, while others may feel otherwise, for me it wasn't able to fit the magic of Season 1.
Wish I could agree, maybe it's because I didn't expect anything. Who knows!

I watched Loki s1 and just found it so boring, although it had a fun start but everything being centred around yet another female lead and a nothing finale put me off season 2.

You guys should watch Invincible.

As someone who has disliked nearly every other Marvel TV show’s finale, Loki S2 ended on a strong note personally. Genuinely seemed like the only one that was planned properly with a story and character arc. Have to echo some of @Verified Enigma ’s criticisms though which is why it’s probably a 7/10 in terms of quality TV (6/10 if you’re used to higher standards) and 8/10 by Disney+’s terrible standards.

Still wish we got something similar to Andor in the Marvel universe, now that show was something to behold.

Users who are viewing this thread