Umpire review system to be trialled

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricinfo staff said:
Umpire review system to be trialled in India-Sri Lanka Tests

Cricinfo staff

June 16, 2008

The proposed umpire review system will be trialled during India's three-Test series against Sri Lanka, beginning next month, the Indian board has said. Originally set to feature for the first time during South Africa's upcoming series against England, it was shelved after both boards failed to reach an agreement on the details.
Source: Cricinfo

Reading the rules, it would seem that there is none of the nonsense in which there would have to have been a clear, obvious mistake made by the on-field umpire for a decision to be overturned, as there was when it was trialled in the Friends Provident Trophy.

Complete and utter waste of time. Let humans be humans for once!

I've never been a fan of the refferal system since it failed in the FP Trophy. Umpires make mistakes since they are human but they do in actual fact get 90% of decisions right and we must accept that 10% of decisions will be wrong.

just hope players would start walking now after nicking the ball instead of waiting for the incompetent umps like bendson,tiffin,bucknor,etc. i.e bravo, and symmo offcourse in the recently concluded series.

Benson fav player is Symond thats why he does not give him out.

I'm sure India will still find a way to blame the officials.

I'm sure India will still find a way to blame the officials.
Just like you will never miss an opportunity to bag the Indians?

I am kind of looking forward to this, although I wish it was being done in the Asia cup instead of a Test series.

TruSachFan brought up a good point that it would encourage a bit of honesty.

Just like you will never miss an opportunity to bag the Indians?

I am kind of looking forward to this, although I wish it was being done in the Asia cup instead of a Test series.

TruSachFan brought up a good point that it would encourage a bit of honesty.

If it's alright to call Australians cheats then I see no reason why India should be spared. I don't have a personal vendetta but no-one is above a joke.

If it's alright to call Australians cheats then I see no reason why India should be spared. I don't have a personal vendetta but no-one is above a joke.
I struggle to find where Australians were called cheats. The only comments made here indicated that the umpiring was well below average of late.

You should know I'm referring to the India-Australia thread.

Users who are viewing this thread