urgent help needed !!!!!! plz reply

Ramz

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
guys ive got a BIG problem.. i restarted my PC after playing BLIC and my display settings are so messed up.. i right clicked properties with my mouse and then clicked settings and the settings they were on was::

Screen Resolution - 800*600 Pixels
Colour Quality - Lowest (4 Bit)

I tried to change it to 1024*768 (Highest 32 bit) but it jus comes as 640*480 Lowest (4 Bit) it keeps coming to this setting... :(

Arghhhhhh its really annoying me now.. earlier it was working fine ...

also at the top on the settings area it says:

Display:
Dell P790 on Nvidia GeForce4 MX420

can some1 please help me out.. as i really want to sort this issue out.. i hope it made sense,..

try reinstalling your graphics card driver

ive did that kevmead .. jus restarted my PC now and it game to the setting 800*600 (Lowest 4Bit) .. i have tried to change it to 1024*768 (Medium 16Bit) and when i click Apply it resets to 640*480 (Lowest 4Bit)

So you can select different resolutions and color depth but the resolution won't change? What OP sys are you running? Do you get the message about reverting to previous settings in 15sec or does nothing happen? Sounds like you could have killed your card, my last card died in a similar way, I restarted and it would not display at all. Try unplugging it and replugging it in.

im running windows Xp with 1.2GHZ and 376RAM and Pentium 3 Celeron ..i got the 15sec thing only once, that was first wen i tried changing it to 1024*768, ever since no message has come up. how do i unplug my card? its in the PCI slot of my PC.

change the display setting in the advanced display option in BLIC.

I am guessing but, I think its in the AGP slot not PCI. If it is PCI maybe try another slot (this will fool computer into thinking its a new card and it will reinstall) if its in the AGP slot just unplug it and plug it back in again, perhaps you have a bad connection.

my geforce 4 mx420 is installed in the PCI slot.. and ive only got 1 slot.. is there any other way which i can fix this fcking problem :( .. my god the desktop looks so crap. colours are all messed up, icons r HUGE.. i can't even see my all programs when clicking start. im having trouble viewing this site.. but i can see just barely.

only way now is ramz is to reinstall windows :(

sohail said:
only way now is ramz is to reinstall windows :(
thats a bit drastic, did you install any programs or update windows recently?

Users who are viewing this thread