Virtua Tennis 2009

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got Virtua Tennis 2 and during the Australian Open I played it constantly. If I do get this it will have be on PC as I dont' have a 3rd generation console :(

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Should be cool, only recently played virtua tennis 3. I hope they lose a small amount of the arcade feel to the game, but it is still good fun.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I played only once this Virtua Tennis.. But why they are not keeping the number of sets and games realistic? I mean in career mode, you will win a match in 5 minutes... I lost interest in it after that. :noway

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Should be cool, only recently played virtua tennis 3. I hope they lose a small amount of the arcade feel to the game, but it is still good fun.

Agreed. I want to see less unrealistic diving around. I also want to see a proper career mode, not this 'start every tournament in the quarter finals rubbish'. If it means having some made up tennis players in to pad out the pro roster, then so be it!

I played only once this Virtua Tennis.. But why they are not keeping the number of sets and games realistic? I mean in career mode, you will win a match in 5 minutes... I lost interest in it after that. :noway

Also, you can't bloody save during a tournament! You could have a five set marathon against someone and then have to play the final immediately afterwards, whether you want to or not and personally, if I've just had a five set marathon, I don't usually want another one straight away. Less stupid 'bowling' minigames and have a good look at the career of a real tennis pro, Sega! This format is designed for arcade machines, not home consoles/PCs.

Here's hoping anyway. I heard that they're including at least forty stars of both sexes this time round. Anyone know if that's accurate?

Edit: No. I just visited the game's site. Also, it sounds as though they're going to obsess over minigames again, instead of a proper career mode, where you start at round one, can save during a match and you continue up to the final if you're good enough! Not start at the quarter final!

I hope I'm wrong, but knowing Sega, I doubt it. Still, at least it's coming for PC...

Last edited:

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Agree with all points mentioned, it is still a fun game though. Its going to be available for download only on the pc, but i think i will probably get it.

PC mode desperately needs an online mode.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Are there any other tennis PC games where the number of sets and games are same as the real ones? i.e. realistic career mode

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Agree with all points mentioned, it is still a fun game though. Its going to be available for download only on the pc, but i think i will probably get it.

PC mode desperately needs an online mode.

Bloody hell. Any idea why??

Are there any other tennis PC games where the number of sets and games are same as the real ones? i.e. realistic career mode

I used to have a game called 'Tennis Masters 2003' on PC. It had good realistic gameplay (less arcadey diving around), a full calendar and proper match lengths. You could save whenever you wanted as well, even in the middle of a game, never mind a match! None of this waiting until the end of an entire tournament before you could save rubbish! The only problems with it were no real players, and I couldn't find a way to edit them either. Sound's not the best either, but if you swap some sounds around a bit in the game's sound effects folders, you can make it sound quite good.

Best of luck finding it now though.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
No PC version. The game will be released for the Wii on 12 June, and for PS3 and Xbox 360 in the autumn.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? So, the PC won't get the tennis game that'll likely have the licences, a proper career mode and not an arcade game full of mini games and mini tournaments.

Quelle bloody surprise! :mad:

I don't know what annoys me more, that games don't come out on the PC, or that they don't come out on the PC but do come out on a substandard machine like the Wii!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Now why doesn't that surprise me? So, the PC won't get the tennis game that'll likely have the licences, a proper career mode and not an arcade game full of mini games and mini tournaments.

Quelle bloody surprise! :mad:

I don't know what annoys me more, that games don't come out on the PC, or that they don't come out on the PC but do come out on a substandard machine like the Wii!

one of the reasons why i havent changed even the screw of my cabinet.

a lil off topic but seriously missing the era of the late 90s and early 2000 where games used to be so much fun to play. they would take atleast a week to finish unlike COD4 where you can finish it in under 2 days.:rolleyes:

i dont care if you dont add dandruff to his head or hairs to his balls....
good gameplay with decent gfx is all that we are asking !! :mad:

since the last 5 years or so....i doubt i would have thoroughly enjoyed over 10 games.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
one of the reasons why i havent changed even the screw of my cabinet.

a lil off topic but seriously missing the era of the late 90s and early 2000 where games used to be so much fun to play. they would take atleast a week to finish unlike COD4 where you can finish it in under 2 days.:rolleyes:

i dont care if you dont add dandruff to his head or hairs to his balls....
good gameplay with decent gfx is all that we are asking !! :mad:

since the last 5 years or so....i doubt i would have thoroughly enjoyed over 10 games.

CoD 4 is a case in point, but it is backed up by amazing online. I haven't actually completed the campaign yet, as I got hooked on multiplayer as soon as I bought the game, but it looks very good so far. I hope to see an improvement in length of campaign for CoD Modern Warfare 2.

No sorry, but it is kind of annoying. I guess they think that it will help against piracy. Expect it to be around a 3-4 gig download. :rolleyes:

Thank God I'm on unlimited usage now (within reason, of course).

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Looking forward to this on Wii. Finally looks like a good tennis game with decent graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread