Weather/Pitch doesnt seem to change anything!

cpt crash

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is the weather or the pitch supposed to make a difference in this game? I find the ball doesnt seem to swing or take the edge anymore on a cloudy day any more than it does on bright sunny day.

I also dont think that the pitch really makes any difference either, all it does is spin a bit more later on in the game.

I'm getting bored of this game, I just set most of my fielders on the boundary and wait until the batsmen slog out, that way I get them for about 200. If I try to play properly I concede about 350. (In tests) Anyone else finding this?

I am sure I read somewhere that pitches aren't effected by weather etcetera, which is mad as it is exactly what cricket is all about!!:facepalm

I know! I'm sure the manual eludes to the fact that cloud should make the ball swing more (as in real life!), so in theory if it couds over during the day it should get harder to bat but I dont find any difference. Also, the ball doesnt seem to bounce any more in Brisbane than it does at Headingley (not that it matters as a chest high bouncer is a wide in this game).

Users who are viewing this thread