Story West Indies - Return to former glory

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Seeing as my other stories aren't alive anymore, due to my ban, I've decided to run with a new one, as the saves to my old ones are deleted now, and season 15 in Battrick has 1/2 games left.

west_indies_cricket.jpg

The West Indies were once the dominant force of world cricket. Between the mid 70s and early 90s, they were almost invincible. They had the fearsome foursome, a fast bowling attack of incredible bowlers, including Walsh, Ambrose, Marshall, Roberts, Holding, Garner, with 4 of them playing at any given times. They ripped through all batting line ups.

They had great batsmen, such as Sir Viv Richards, Haynes, Greenidge, Kallicharran, Lara, and before that, the likes of Sobers.

Now, however, they are a team in trouble. They are 8th in Test rankings, just ahead of minnows Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. In ODI's they are ranked 6th, a far cry from the sides of yesty-year.

That's where I come in. It's April 21st, and time for change. The main goal, is to get the West Indies to first in Test and ODI cricket, before this story finishes.

So tag along, and see if I can get the West Indies back to the top of the cricketing world, see if I can spark a return to former glory.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Cheers for helping me get this off to a quick start fellas. The format should be simple, as I plan on getting through a lot of games on this, in order to get us to number 1 before I die of old age.

Tour Itinerary​

3 day friendly v Leicestershire
3 day friendly v MCC
First Test v England
Second Test v England
First ODI v England
Second ODI v England
Third ODI v England

The squad:
Gayle
Smith
Chanderpaul
Sarwan
Barath
Bravo
Nash
Ramdin
Sammy
Taylor
Rampaul
Simmons
Deonarine
Pollard
Edwards
Benn
Miller
Best​

blake

School Cricketer
Good luck against England... will be interesting to see how the Windies fare. Hopefully Gayle, Chanderpaul and Sarwan have big series for you.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
West Indies v Leicestershire
3 day match
21st April 2009

Simmons
Smith
Barath
Deonarine
Pollard
Nash
Sammy
Rampaul
Best
Benn
Miller

West Indies 6/301 dec (Simmons 102, Deonarine 61*, Smith 52, Henderson 3-86)
Leicestershire 170 all out (New 59, du Toit 38, Miller 5-39)
West Indies 2/133 dec (Simmons 80*, Barath 47)
Leicestershire 181 all out (Ackerman 48, Deonarine 3-20, Miller 3-63)

West Indies win by 83 runs.

Man of the match: Simmons

West Indies v MCC
3 day match
30th April 2009

Simmons
Gayle
Barath
Chanderpaul
Deonarine
Sarwan
Bravo
Ramdin
Miller
Taylor
Edwards

MCC 224 all out (Nesdale 69, Stoddart 49, Miller 5/57, Deonarine 3/24)
West Indies 5/289 dec (Gayle 101, Barath 75)
MCC 153 all out (Stoddart 56, Miller 4/24, Taylor 4/44)
West Indies 3/90 (Gayle 54)

West Indies win by 7 wickets.

Man of the match: Miller

Really happy with the first game result, very unhappy with the second. We were on track for a 9 wicket win, but 2 late wickets made it look slightly worse than it was.

I'm not happy with the batting, especially Simmons, who was lining up to open the batting for the first Test. He will start, but another failure or two and he might find himself out of the team.

Edwards was useless, Taylor was decent, Miller was a star. I'm not confident we can beat England, after the performance was so average against MCC, quite frankly a terrible team.

Could be tough times ahead...

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
I want this to be simple, that's the goal of it. I wont get through the seasons required with presentation at a minimum, while still filling you in etc.

ICC, as the title says.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Not the worst results there, but hopefully the bowling can keep up the good form in the Internationals.

Nice work mate.

Users who are viewing this thread