What has happended to West Indies Cricket?

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Recently we all have seen West Indies losing to Zimbabwe.Unexperienced batting, crappy bowlers they are showing weakness in every form. Only Gayle seems to be trying.

Suggest some other players which windies can consider for their team to get back in form.

And what is the biggest mistake they(WICB) are doing right now?

Last edited:
Fidel's injured, and as far as I remember Jerome Taylor is either injured or suspended atm. They weren't dropped.

Also, if they had people in domestic cricket stepping up and playing well, they'd pick them. They don't. None of the young talent are making big runs bar Adrian Barath, and he's already been picked. There's alot of raw talent in the Caribbean atm, but not alot of proven Test talent. The side does look a heck of a lot better with Dwayne Bravo and Ramnaresh Sarwan in there though. Their strongest possible XI is a good side, the problem is they're not on the park often enough.

Chris Gayle
Adrian Barath
Ramnaresh Sarwan
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brendan Nash
Dwayne Bravo
Dinesh Ramdin
Jerome Taylor
Sulieman Benn/one of the myriad of spinners taking wickets in Domestic cricket
Kemar Roach
Fidel Edwards

Is a good side, they just need to get all those guys fit at the same time, it's just not happening atm.

Last edited:
Recently we all have seen West Indies losing to Zimbabwe.Unexperienced batting, crappy bowlers they are showing weakness in every form. Only Gayle seems to be trying.

So I just wanted to ask

1.Why do they don't select Taylor and Edwards who are the best bowlers of The country.
2.Is Ravi Rampaul better than these two?
3.Why don't they replace benn with Dave Mohammad, I have seen his bowling in champions league and can surely say he is better.
4.Why can't West Indies selectors see that their country's image is in danger?
Taylor played his last ODI in JUne 2009 and Fidel in May 2009 . Since they have been dropped , the West Indies is losing frequently

1. They are both injured and have been for a while now, Edwards got hurt twice in a row and Taylor got injured in the first test against Australia.
2. No Ravi is not better then them but he is one of the best available to replace them.
3. Somebody obviously likes Benn, he can do a good job against Zimbabwe but he hasn't done it against anyone else. In fact he isn't even doing anything against Zimbabwe he hasn't taken a wicket in 2 matches. As I said to so some other people, Dave Mohammed is a much better bowler in the short for of the game.
4. Everyone can see that WI cricket is in danger it has been for the last 15 years.

1. Both Taylor & Roach are injured.
2. Ravi Rampaul is the bowler (in my WIPL team) :p
3. Maybe coz Benn is a better bowler in formats longer than the T20.
4. Maybe it is their ego. They let their players strike for months and didn't budge until it was well too late.

1. taylor and edwards are injured
2. no
3. mostly because benn is economical
4. yeah i don't read other people's posts either

First up, the West Indies is a group of island nations comprising of Jamaica, T&T,Guyana and a few more.
For the selectors to select a squad from 4-5 nations is indeed a tough job and secondly.

Secondly, Zimbabwe has been playing some good cricket.

Suggest some other players which windies can consider for their team to get back in form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Holder and Kraigg Brathwaite, both could have played against Zimbabwe.

What happened to L Simmons? He looked good with bat.

Jason Holder and Kraigg Brathwaite, both could have played against Zimbabwe.

Braithwaite yea, but not Holder. Saw him in the Under-19 WC & although he has the fast-bowlers height & stuff - his pace was hardly reaching 80 mph. So don't think he is ready for the step up to international cricket right now, he needs to do something for Barbados & add on some pace.

Users who are viewing this thread