Whats the biggest game you have bought online and downloaded!?

D

Dutch

I have just gone and purchased Total War (I love that kind of genre!:)) from steam. Apparantly it's a more than 15 GB dowload!!!:eek::eek::eek: What the heck-ville!!! Is that normal? Has anyone downloaded a bigger game than that!???? (As you well know the bigger the game download, the bigger the.......waiting time:p:(!)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
GTA 4 is 16GB from what I hear. Just make sure you back it up on steam so that you don't need to download it again!

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have just gone and purchased Total War (I love that kind of genre!:)) from steam. Apparantly it's a more than 15 GB dowload!!!:eek::eek::eek: What the heck-ville!!! Is that normal? Has anyone downloaded a bigger game than that!???? (As you well know the bigger the game download, the bigger the.......waiting time:p:(!)
The Orange box+updates,took 11 days to download)almost 13 GB:facepalm

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well Peggle's 15MB is quite hefty, but other than that it is ~5GB (going off disk usage, long since forgot the download itself) for Portal (though that comes with all the Source stuff) and Stalker (which I've played exactly once, damn Steam sales!).

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
For me even 100 mb is quite a tough task as i use GPRS through my cell. Till now, the biggest, i have downloaded was Black Magic's IPL Patch which was ~ 50mb in size and it took 4 hrs.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I downloaded GTA SA, it was like 6 gigs or somethin, downloaded pretty easily at like 900 kb per second, thanks to my dads work internet :banana2

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
CR is the only game that I bought online and downloaded, and that was less than a gig... But I have done a few free demo downloads via my PS3 at ~1.5 gigs, such as Bayonetta demo, Killzone 2 demo, and some others. They take over 5 hours since my PS3 dosen't like my wireless internet :doh .

P

pcfan123

I downloaded an Orcale database (7 gigs) and it took about 3 hours.

blake

School Cricketer
Dutch, just be thankful your internet isn't capped! Or - if it is, then.. you're screwed for the rest of the month. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread