Which is the best paid web host?

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Which web host do you think is the best out there?

I think netfast.org and godaddy are good. Are there any better ones?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
You answered it. Godaddy.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I could give you a very cheap and reliable one but not before End of march. The best fact of all is, you know me that i am not a fraud :p

And you would get phone based support and email support, and many more things. Cpanel, fantastico, everything, you name it. Just around $45 an year. :)

Last edited:

omkarjere

International Cricketer
I could give you a very cheap and reliable one but not before End of march. The best fact of all is, you know me that i am not a fraud :p

And you would get phone based support and email support, and many more things. Cpanel, fantastico, everything, you name it. Just around $45 an year. :)

45 USD's ? Thats around Rs.2,000 per year (Rs.1,814.17 to be exact) by the way what bandwidth and web space will be give in that plan. BTW y double the same thing in one post. :p

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
45 USD's ? Thats around Rs.2,000 per year (Rs.1,814.17 to be exact) by the way what bandwidth and web space will be give in that plan. BTW y double the same thing in one post. :p
Yikes! Edited. I wanted to type something else but I guess the same thing went again :p

NVM, I can give you 3GB of diskspace and 100GB bandwidth per month. You might think that this is all so informal but it isnt. A proper website would be up by the time you'll be able to buy this :D. I guess its pretty cheap for the service you'll get :)

Btw, before anyone comes up saying that some other site is giving 999gb of bandwidth or something like that, let me tell you, you wont be consuming 100GB of bandwidth or 3 GB of diskspace either until you're atleast half the site PC is.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Can anyone tell me a web host that will allow me to change the CNAME records myself without using support. Something cheaper than godaddy?

Thanks.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Can anyone tell me a web host that will allow me to change the CNAME records myself without using support. Something cheaper than godaddy?

Thanks.
Why don't you try what Kshitiz_Indian is offering (if you wish to :)). BTW What is CNAME records ? (Sorry for my poor knowledge about this)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I don't think you need the host for CNAME records as much as you need the registrar, but I'm probably mistaken. I should really brush up on my DNS server knowledge.

As for the question, it's really pretty tough to answer. GoDaddy is obviously one of the larger hosts, but you can really find solutions that are small and reasonable. The trick is finding a price that is acceptable and sticking with one host. Make sure you register the domain with a big company like GoDaddy as you tend to have more control over your DNS info with no extra price.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah CNAME records are normally not required unless you're a server engineer.

I would advise(as a friends point of view) that you go with a host that has the best support available. Believe me - you'll need it.

Users who are viewing this thread