Why Did We Buy Cricket 2004?

Why Did We Buy Cricket 2004?

• Total voters

199_on_debut

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I bought the game because it decends from a long line of bug ridden cricket games which are very playable, despite their shortcomings. ;)

The weather bug, mentioned above, featured in the early sprite based games that were released by Audiogenic in the mid '90's. These were realeased under the names Graham Gooch cricket, Brian Lara Cricket (not to be confused with the Codemasters game) or Shane Warne cricket. Even though each subsequent release was only a facelifted version of a previous release, I bought them anyway coz they were cheapish and there were no other decent cricket games about. That's still pretty much the case now IMHO.

There's loads of legacy code in c2004 (i'm assuming that it's been sold on, or was made open source?) from those games and most of it never worked properly and needs to be scrapped and re-written. But HB studios ended up spending too much time on the mickey mouse crap, not leaving themselves enough time to write a completely new game engine so they fell back on the legacy code.

At the moment I'm playing c2004 just about every night, because I'm totally jaded with FPS at the moment and no other game genre gets me hooked nowadays. I just hope that Codemasters can pull off a blinder with their new BL licenced product.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I wrote "that's true..." as a reply to Trescothick's question, not to Preet's feedback.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I play it because i go it for free from some one.I like it because it is good third I dont like the bugs becuase it doesnt make it good 4 I like it because patchers make patches 5 i like it because EA promised me that they would make a good game of cricket 6

Users who are viewing this thread