Will Codemasters be able to get ICC license?

fk915

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought Codemaster has ICC license but after reading this article it seems Codies dont have that license. The ICC is looking for Video Game company to award its license for next 7 yrs (till 2015).

I wonder who can get the license this time, will codies be able to retain it or EA will try to get it???? What about guys making TAOC, anyone else wanna try?

http://www.bigstarcricket.com/bs/business/article_3217.shtml

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
After a poor BLIC 07,I really don't them to get the license.
I'd rather have EA with the license.

Last edited by a moderator:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
give it to EA the license if you want the AI of the next EA game to imporve.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
I'd rather EA have it because the gameplay is better and the graphics are more life like. Cricket 07 is still pretty playable without patching.

Mind you Codies having the license wouldn't be bad because we can patch Ea games a lot easier.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Why would that make them improve the AI? I recent years EA have got hold of the CC, Aussie domestic cricket and The Ashes and the AI has got worse. ;)

If they invest their money on license, they will try to improve the AI so they can get the money in double, making business ya'll know.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
If they invest their money on license, they will try to improve the AI so they can get the money in double, making business ya'll know.

No they will work on hype and publicity of the game so it sell more, regardless of the quality of the game (this is EA i'm talking about).

fk915

Club Cricketer
I prefer if EA got the license this time. The have huge resources to make a good cricket game and this time they seems serious to make a good game. However ICC should allow anyone who wants to use its name in a Cricket game. Thats how they can promote Cricket.

Maximum

School Cricketer
Why is everyone jumping off Codies? I reckon they've been the benchmark up until the last game. For prolonged performance the ICC should look at them instead. At least it's one of Codies franchise games as opposed to EA who have little time and budget for a cricket title (for example, they only released Cricket 07 on PS2).
Let's face it, who is going to value the license more over seven years? EA has more high profile licenses that they'll treat with the level of respect that the ICC would expect for theirs. It makes sense for the ICC to go with a proven company when it comes to cricket games.
Anyone who thinks Cricket will become like NBA Live or Madden is sorely mistaken in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread