Will They Send It? - Cricket 2004!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Mhh have you ever like just slogged and got 50-60 runs with the loss of few wickets because thats what happens to me when I'm carless on Cricket 07. If I was careful I could slog the whole Innings...as long as it's hard for me to bat and make runs regularly it would be nice, nice to have a 50 over match where I put in a tough performance and get 250-270 hard earned.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In twenty20's you can make very quick scores by slogging but also occasionally even on a good wicket you will get a low score because of too much slogging. In OD games if you slog too much you will lose to many wickets. You have to judge the level of slogging. And in test matches it is much more interesting if you play normal shots, and you most likely will get out if you try to slog with little confidence over a fielder.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
In twenty20's you can make very quick scores by slogging but also occasionally even on a good wicket you will get a low score because of too much slogging. In OD games if you slog too much you will lose to many wickets. You have to judge the level of slogging. And in test matches it is much more interesting if you play normal shots, and you most likely will get out if you try to slog with little confidence over a fielder.

Well I don't play T20's much as long as it's not too easy I'm cool with it...btw when did you get your version trev?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Got mine near the start of the year I think. Was at least 6 months ago. Haven't played it much recentley and I really wanna get back to it. Just find it hard to do other stuff as well as play cricket games. Whereas Football Manager you can easily skip through different stuff whilst still playing.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Mhh a few more questions. Will I be able to like put my outfields in 04? I know the kit templates are different.

But main question is if I'll be able to put my outfields in the game?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I can't help you with that one. I guess you probably could. When you get the game you ill need to download the graphic thing where it holds all the different graphical files ect. I'm not sure whether you can edit outfields or not...

cnbd_novice

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mhh a few more questions. Will I be able to like put my outfields in 04? I know the kit templates are different.

Like Treva said, you can, with the Graphics Importer. I believe you could modify and replace almost all graphics files of the game-kits, outfields, stadium files such as trees, security guards, skylines etc. Again, I am not really sure, but I believe the process for replacing graphics is a bit lengthy as there are subfiles to each aspect. Here are some screenies of the graphics importer in work: :p

And feel free to join in the C04 discussions in the older cricket forums if you have any questions regarding which patches to download or would like to tell us how much you love C04.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
SCREW YOU GUYS! I can't buy C04 from Amazon.uk because I live in Aus. I only have an Amazon.com account and they never have the bloody game in...

Kev

Chairman of Selectors

From memory pitches work differently to C07. I remember changing the wicket but don't remember changing the outfield.

I'll also add although I was a big fan of C2004 (I continued playing it and patching it long after most people had moved to C2005) It does look extremely dated and does suffer from many of the same problems as C2005 and C07 did (It's basically still the same game). Ok it does actually understand the LBW rule, but apart from that it's no better (or worse) than further releases, its just people view the past with rose coloured glasses.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
From memory pitches work differently to C07. I remember changing the wicket but don't remember changing the outfield.

I'll also add although I was a big fan of C2004 (I continued playing it and patching it long after most people had moved to C2005) It does look extremely dated and does suffer from many of the same problems as C2005 and C07 did (It's basically still the same game). Ok it does actually understand the LBW rule, but apart from that it's no better (or worse) than further releases, its just people view the past with rose coloured glasses.

Send me your copy! :p

It can't be worse than Cricket 07 or 05 I mean I remember it on PS2 I used to find batting hard and bowling used to be fun. I mean in C07 and C2005 it's just not a challenge and from what I've heard it seems to be a challenge on C04?

Also why couldn't you get outfields in Kev?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Typical. Ordered it from Play & Amazon although dunno what's going on with that. And Play send me an email saying my order has been posted and it still hasn't arrived got the email on the 5th.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh? Seeing as it's not been 4 days yet well if it's not here by next Tuesday then I'm going to think they suck!

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
They probably wont hold stock of it, because it's such an old game, so the e-mail probably means the order has been sent to the people who they're buying it from, who'll send it directly to you i presume. Or, it could just be Royal Mail being slow :p.

D

Deleted member 13648

Christ Punk you ain't half impatient! For me 10 working days is quick enough :p

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Don't be so impatient :p, if they have sent it then there is nothing more they can do now really so they don't suck if you get it late now. There has to be other games you can play instead of waiting on Cricket 2004! A 3/4 year old game! :p.

Mhhh....There's PES2008 but I can't be arsed to turn on my 360 and then turn the tv on then put the cd in. I've gone back to Cricket 05 and 07 their keeping me occupied I kinda forgot about 04 lol.

I suppose I am being a bit impatiant and surley dont play get the games to their whereabouts? Then send them off from their headquaters/whereabouts like shopto?

Users who are viewing this thread