Xbox?

Sami

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dose anyone know if Cricket 2006 will be on XBOX as well or anyother cricketgame on XBOX

brad352

Executive member
I doubt it- just get it for PC, console versions are absolute crap

manojkumar_ms

Club Cricketer
But still I think comsumers are not fool to buy Cricket 2006 for PS2 versrion after experiencing Cricket 2004 version. I will be buying PC game only, whether its Cricket 2004/2006, Fifa 2004 or Euro 2004.

Ritwik

co-founder
I don't think cricket games would be made for the X-box anyway. It just doesn't make business sense in today's global environment. There are the following reasons for this:

1. Many of the buyers of Cricket games are in India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka, where penetration of the X-box is zero. In comparison, PS2 sales have been pretty good.
2. The X-box is a very powerful system, and EA can't put in crap graphics and effects on an x-box game and get away with it very easily.

brad352

Executive member
2. The X-box is a very powerful system, and EA can't put in crap graphics and effects on an x-box game and get away with it very easily.

XBox Specs:

733MHz Intel CPU
233 MHz GPU custom-designed X-Chip
64MB Ram

Powerful for a console? Yes
Powerful? No

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, you are definetly right Brad.

There are alot of PCs out there that are more powerful than X-Boxes.
From Duffarama.

Ritwik

co-founder
yep, thats true, what I meant was that X-Box is the most powerful gaming console commercially available.

See, there are a lot of 'if's' in PC's, like What if the directx version is not supported, what if the video card drivers are not supported, what if modem/sound card/gaming device is not supported and so on. In a nutshell, the developers have to work around all these problems and that always limits them somewhat from putting in really powerful technology.
There are no such problems with consoles, wherein the developers don't have to worry about making the game work with a huge collection of hardware and conflicting software. That's why most of the games released for the X-box have better graphics than and run better than they would on all except the fastest of PC's.

brad352

Executive member
And they have to make sure most people who still have crap PC's can run it, or else they lose half of their bloody sales :(

Users who are viewing this thread