Your best/tightest finish

Helpman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
super over

I just lost a tied T20 game by a countback!?! I went back into the menu to check and I can confirm it is set to decide tie on a super over...has anyone else experienced this? Unreal, it was such a great match, was playing with South Africa so I guess I cant complain...

jovey

School Cricketer
I just lost a tied T20 game by a countback!?! I went back into the menu to check and I can confirm it is set to decide tie on a super over...has anyone else experienced this? Unreal, it was such a great match, was playing with South Africa so I guess I cant complain...

I've always gone into the superover and once lost to South Africa in the super over, but man oh man, atleast the game is realistic with SA getting screwed after a tied game. :p

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Holy crap.

I've not played the game for a while because I'm waiting for patch 2 to sort out problems. Main problem for me is poor ai when batting. So I decided to play a T20 world cup with england and simulate my fielding innings and just bat, ( more fun I think anyway)

Ai was getting much more realistic scores of around 170 and I somehow managed to scrape through to the final where I met the old enemy Australia. They posted 163, quite getable I thought and was trundling along until Mitchell Johnson came on and got 4 wickets then Steve Smith ripped through my middle order and finished with 5 for. I needed 3 runs to win off the last ball with tredwell the last man in to face his first ball. The field was so well spread I couldn't see a gap anywhere so I swung the bat in hope and managed to find a gap and the rope. I did about 4 laps of my lounge in sheer delight.

I know this is probably boring for you all to read but it was the single best moment of gaming I have ever had, thanks bigant.

Can't wait for patch 2.

Btw my suggestions for patch 3 are career world cups, front foot square drive and some way to assist with choosing front or back foot when facing quicks, I don't know if my reactions are slower than others but I've tried for ages and I'm just not quick enough to get the foot selection right. Maybe if we could adjust the timing of when the coloured circle appears it would help the old gits like me with slow reactions.

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My tightest finish was an online game. Where I played against a Pakistani player I believe.

I batted first and scored 84/6 in 10 overs and was hoping to wrap up the game pretty soon. But the guy batted second was equally good and was scoring almost equal to my run rate. The final over 10 runs to win and two wickets remaining. He hit a four in the first ball. 6 off 5 balls. I made him miss two ball and took a wicket of fourth ball of the over. He scored a four of the fifth ball. 1 wicket remaining 2 to win from one ball. He scored a two. The stupid fielder was throwing the ball longer end rather than throwing it to the bowler who is near from long on :facepalm (I was using fully assisted fielding that time). I lost the game but it was a tightest game I can still remember.

Last edited:

Mathomalogical

School Cricketer
A while back, before the patch, I was playing my No. 11 offspinner career with Notts. It was a one-dayer and we needed 20 off the last over. I came in as Fletcher blocked out the last ball of the 49th.

My player has high strength so he can muscle it over the boundary. I'd chased 10 off the last before but no higher. Thankfully, I was facing the medium paced pies of George Bailey (good job AI).

Ball one: Short, slow, I hook it in the air. No deep backward square and it bounces just short of the rope. 16 off 5.

Ball two: Wide outside off, I cut but only get two as the sweeper gets around. 14 off 4.

Ball three: Full on the pads, I go for the slog over fine leg. It clears the rope. 8 off 3.

Ball four: Same ball as the first one, I hook but on the ground as there is a man back. I dive and get back for the second. 6 off 2.

Ball five: I try to charge him, but get whacked in the helmet. 6 off 1.

Ball six: It's in the slot. I charge again and this time it goes the distance. On replay it came off the splice but six runs anyway.

Best win ever, more than any finals.

Just played a great T20 game on my 360 version. Me playing as Durham (the pre 'get best' squad that came with original game) v A/I.
Lost toss and asked to field....A/I team reached 86 for 0 after 12 overs!! I was thinking that the game had gone so in desperation I tried some fielding options that I wouldn't normally choose.....and wickets started to tumble to 120 all out in 18 overs.
Durhams reply was 122 for 9 with 4 balls remaining. Great game...maybe wouldn't have been so tight because I know how to do run outs now. :facepalm

husain geek

School Cricketer
Last 2 balls 12 runs to win in a od game where my career player hits two sixes and we win.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my debut t20 game vs sussex, we required 4 of last ball. I went on to hit a six with my career player.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Only one I can think of was a career match, when we were reduced to 66-5 chasing a first innings total of 405. I came in and went on the offensive, scoring 81 before being given out (very controversially as I'd clearly edged the ball into the ground, and yet was somehow given out LBW which was a bit of a joke). We were all out for 189 in the end, and they declared their second innings on 316-9, leaving us a run chase of 533 to win the game. Moenn Ali scored a fantastic 240* and I added a quick 57 before being caught getting overambitious, but with the score on 518-7, we reached the end of the day's play and the match was declared a tie. Couldn't believe we came so close and then didn't finish it off at the end, haha! Probably my best all round performance with the bat though, but the difficulty level went up after that game and ruined my fun since then.

BJcricketGrant

Club Cricketer
i just played a match in career a 4 day match Western Australia (my career team) vs Victoria
batting first we made 10/321
victoria then batted for 147 overs to put on 7/573 on a flat pitch with aaron finch making 270
WA then 6/368 to leave Vic needing 116 runs in about 2 hours
my career player was brought on with victoria needing 80 runs to win.
i took 8 wickets in 6 overs the second last over (which my player bowled) i took the last wicket off a no-ball, we didnt get a wicket in the last over and the match ended in a draw but its definately the closest game ive had i really thought WA were gonna get over the line unfortunately not

Attachments

• so close.png
    so close.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 15

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
My Sensational match so for

Just finished playing a sensational win (Pro mode). From 64/7 at 9 overs to chase down 148, with A.Tare and Zaheer Khan. Screenshot posted :-) :):D
Kept loosing wickets after a good start from Tare. Then at 64/7, realized that I need to see through the deliveries, read the fielding and the bowler's tentative line... Then it was all falling in place. :D Great game...

Attachments

• 2014-07-20_00004.jpg
    2014-07-20_00004.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 19

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I just came back into the bowling attack against Durham with them needing 11 runs and having 4 wickets in hand. I took 3 wickets for 1 run, and had some close appeals against the last pair, but sadly my teammates weren't quite so economical and they made the runs to win by a single wicket in the end. Got my best match figures though, with 8-52, though no five-for sadly.

Moosc

Club Captain
Tightest finish for me was a shield game against SA. late on the last day needing just six runs to win after a titanic days batting.

I was at the non-strikers end watching the AI player bat. The first ball he dispatched to the boundary and then proceeded to block out the rest of the overs for us to lose by two runs, as it turned out to be the final over of the match. Almost had apoplexy at the incredible stupidity of the AI.

Neil W

Users who are viewing this thread