Zorax calls end on illustrious career!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Zorax calls end on illustrious career!
TBS Lose financial backing, 'End of the road for us'

TBS and former TT Lions manager Zorax Doom has called an end to an illustrious career as a Battrick Manager.

He made the press announcement today, in full presence of squad members and media reporters alike, that the team had lost their financial backing and was now running on ticket sales and accrued funds.

"Our sponsor, Shadys Sam's Shades and other Optics, have gone bankrupt and so we have no more funding.
We had just ordered a massive ground expansion a few days ago, and are now unable to pay it off. So, as it stands, we have very little sources of income and massive expensives.
So I regret that I have to announce, that this will be the end of the road for us."

"We haven't been getting the results we needed, and while the Board of Directors were very supportive, we were turning into a non-profit club. It would have taken a massive effort from the fellas to play out till the end of the season and try and secure promotion in atleast one format.
I would have had to personally dig deep to fight on, find another sponsor, tighten our belts and work on battling through mounting expenses without going bankrupt.
I would have had to work against the odds, we would have to play out of our skins, and while I normally like a good challenge, I just didn't have that fight left in me. Mounting pressures in my personal life have contributed to this, and I just don't have that drive anymore."

"So, it is with a heavy heart, I announce my resignation as manager of The Blind Society."

Zorax was emotional at the announcement, and left the podium almost in tears. The Blind Society captain, Masimo Haishen, then approached the stand, as Zorax was engulfed in hugs with the squad.

"We have discussed long and hard about this, about our future as a team, and we have come to the decision that we have gone as far as we could."

"For a bunch of blind lads, we have done exceptionally well, and each and every one of us are proud of our achievments. We have shown the world that a disability is no reason not to pursue your dreams, and that we can accomplish anything when we put our minds to it.
We have overcome many, many obstacles. Difficult seasons, financial difficulties, lots of blood, sweat and tears went into building this team, but it is time to call it a day."

"We will leave with our heads held high and with a smile on our face. It has been a wonderful time, we all have pursued our dreams of being cricketers, and we have no regrets."

Haishen left the stand to applause, and was followed by talismanic batsman Bernard Stearman.

"Zorax asked each of us to seek out employment in another team. He said he would hire some youngsters to fill in as the team till the time comes in a few months to close the doors, and that we all should pursue our careers to the fullest.
But we made it clear that we started as a team, and that we will end as a team.
Apart from Julian Kepler, a young lad who has a future in International cricket and therefore has been asked by the West Indies Interntaional Team managers to be allowed to play in another club, all of us will play as a team till the very end, right up till the point when the board directors come up to us and lock the pavillion doors!"

"We have no intent of taking it easy. This upcoming week is our last week with Zorax, and we intend to make in memorable for him in every way possible!"

This speech was followed by huge cheers. Zorax, with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes, returned to the stands for a final word.

"It has been an honour and a privilege to play with these lads, to coach these lads. They are an inspiration to all, and even though their cricketing careers may be over, I know that each and every one of them will acheive success later in life."

"I therefore wish them the best of luck, and thank everyone -the staff, the fans, and last but not least, the players- for making my time here one to remember. I shall never forget you all, and will treasure these few seasons for the rest of my life"

On that note, the team DJ turned up the music as the team partied away with media members to celebrate a fantastic career.​

So basically, I'm quitting BT. I pull out of the comp, Effine wins the challenge.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
11 months jorney came to an end :( I was looking forwad to play with Zorax :crying .Conrats to Effine for winning the challenge which was hard thing to do :hpraise:clap

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sad to see you go Zorax but you should never have left TT Lions, since then you have been a ghost trying to live the great TT Lions life.

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
come on boss, u cant be quitting... noo, whyyy?

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
I miss the TT Lions and the great storys, sell your players ive been looking for a good batsmen :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
FTP has a bigger reason for me leaving than BT. With school starting and with me needing to focus on my studies, I won't have much time. BT was getting dead anyways, all the teams in my leagues are bot, I have lost interest in NT games, and FTP is just far more fun. So, I could have kept the team alive until my interest re-sparkled, or I could just quit.

Julian Kepler is up for sale. He's a decent bat, and can bowl a bit too.

zainawan89

International Cricketer
u shouldn't hav left TT Lions...
after that thr was no fun for u in BT...
and FTP is crap.
still Good Luck in ur life stay in touch...

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Any update as to where some of the TT Lions are now? and how much some of them are

voldemort

International Coach
Ah... I am not quitting yet... Spiller is a quality at 18 now... Suren seems to be a good allrounder...

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Can you now tell me Ryan Crouchs abilities :p

Users who are viewing this thread