Your Cricket 6 x Afridi's Season 08 (Problem with Bowling Action, Read Last Post!)

Problem with Action

Hi guys

I need your help and fast

the thing is i need to choose between two actions,
one action is like umar gul
line and length is really good bowling speed around 90 km

other action is like shoaib akhtar
line and length not great, but bowling speed more than 95 km
i can bowl much faster with the akhtar action

which action should i choose

im 14 so i think my speed if i choose umar gul is good right?

I say that you go for the Umar Gul action. The reason is that pace is not always important. You need good line and length. If I use the Shoaib Akhtar action, I get good yorkers and get more pace. When I bowl with my normal action, I get everything except yorkers. So it only depends on you and since you get better line and length with the Gul action, go for it.

PS: Nice siggy:p

I say that you go for the Umar Gul action. The reason is that pace is not always important. You need good line and length. If I use the Shoaib Akhtar action, I get good yorkers and get more pace. When I bowl with my normal action, I get everything except yorkers. So it only depends on you and since you get better line and length with the Gul action, go for it.

PS: Nice siggy:p

thanks bhai, believe it or not, everyone bowls sooo slow at the centurions. u bettr join next year bro. im like the second fastest guy there (mashallah)

PS: thanks yaar

Hope you bowl good akthar action is soooo unpredictable anyway inshallah you will get better and better

thanks bhai, believe it or not, everyone bowls sooo slow at the centurions. u bettr join next year bro. im like the second fastest guy there (mashallah)

PS: thanks yaar
I got a problem...I have a friend who goes to OCA and pays 100$...they have loads of facilities like video analysis, bowling machine, international team placement and lots more stuff...So I might consider that...But it all depends if I get a job or not...If i do, then ill see which one I join and if I don't, then Centurions for me...

I got a problem...I have a friend who goes to OCA and pays 100$...they have loads of facilities like video analysis, bowling machine, international team placement and lots more stuff...So I might consider that...But it all depends if I get a job or not...If i do, then ill see which one I join and if I don't, then Centurions for me...

rameez bhai

if u join oca then im joining too next year. cause centurions are ****!!!

6 x Afridi added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Hope you bowl good akthar action is soooo unpredictable anyway inshallah you will get better and better

inshallah

Hi guys

I need your help and fast

the thing is i need to choose between two actions,
one action is like umar gul
line and length is really good bowling speed around 90 km

other action is like shoaib akhtar
line and length not great, but bowling speed more than 95 km
i can bowl much faster with the akhtar action

which action should i choose

im 14 so i think my speed if i choose umar gul is good right?

HAHA look its MOIZ talking about all the pakistani bowlers again!!
Line and Lenght man! Line and Lenght

I'd say pace actually. Everyone can bowl line and length, not everyone can bowl quick. If you can bowl with an action that doesn't injure you and makes you amongst the fastest in your age group, then use it. The more you play with it, the more accurate you will become.

But that's just me. I also believe in teaching young batsmen how to play shots before teaching them how to settle in (I learned how to bat defensively before playing shots, and am struggling now as a result), and making sure a spinner can turn the ball over accuracy.

I'd say pace actually. Everyone can bowl line and length, not everyone can bowl quick. If you can bowl with an action that doesn't injure you and makes you amongst the fastest in your age group, then use it. The more you play with it, the more accurate you will become.

But that's just me. I also believe in teaching young batsmen how to play shots before teaching them how to settle in (I learned how to bat defensively before playing shots, and am struggling now as a result), and making sure a spinner can turn the ball over accuracy.
Well...thats right too...but I doubt it that he can take that risk in his club since they barely have any good bowlers...So I would say he goes for line and length and the speed difference isnt alot anyway...

It depends on his action.

See, at his age, what ever run-up and action he uses regularly will be etched into his mind and body and he won't be able to change it in 4-5 years, alteast not without difficulty.

If he choses an action that makes him bowl at less than the speed he has the potential to bowl, then when he gets older he may have the accuracy, but he'll be stuck bowling medium/medium fast, and accurate trundlers are a dime a dozen.

If he is capable of bowling really fast, then I'd say he should use a bowling action which maximises his raw potential. The more cricket he plays and the more he gets used to his action, the more accurate he will become. Trust me, I can bowl medium pace and hit the same spot over and over. I can even bowl yorkers at 80% of the time. But this is with a slow, trundling pace. Accuracy isn't hard if you slow down. He can use a slower action and gain accuracy in no-time, but that won't help him when it comes to higher levels of cricket as his lack of pace will be exposed.

I know a fast bowler who at around 19 years of age is still fairly innacurate, but really fast. Dunnow if he made UAE U-19 or not, but he does play local club cricket. He has a great rhythm and run-up, developed since he was young, and so when I last used to go for coaching with him he was gaining in accuracy everyday. That isn't the difficult part. If he was accurate to start with, he'd have a hell of a time trying to gain pace.

Same applies to batsmen and spinners. You can learn to be defensive or accurate quite easily, it is learning shot-making or learning how to spin the ball thats tough.

It depends on his action.

See, at his age, what ever run-up and action he uses regularly will be etched into his mind and body and he won't be able to change it in 4-5 years, alteast not without difficulty.

If he choses an action that makes him bowl at less than the speed he has the potential to bowl, then when he gets older he may have the accuracy, but he'll be stuck bowling medium/medium fast, and accurate trundlers are a dime a dozen.

If he is capable of bowling really fast, then I'd say he should use a bowling action which maximises his raw potential. The more cricket he plays and the more he gets used to his action, the more accurate he will become. Trust me, I can bowl medium pace and hit the same spot over and over. I can even bowl yorkers at 80% of the time. But this is with a slow, trundling pace. Accuracy isn't hard if you slow down. He can use a slower action and gain accuracy in no-time, but that won't help him when it comes to higher levels of cricket as his lack of pace will be exposed.

I know a fast bowler who at around 19 years of age is still fairly innacurate, but really fast. Dunnow if he made UAE U-19 or not, but he does play local club cricket. He has a great rhythm and run-up, developed since he was young, and so when I last used to go for coaching with him he was gaining in accuracy everyday. That isn't the difficult part. If he was accurate to start with, he'd have a hell of a time trying to gain pace.

Same applies to batsmen and spinners. You can learn to be defensive or accurate quite easily, it is learning shot-making or learning how to spin the ball thats tough.
Agree with that...Never thought of that.:p

Im not going for another 2 weeks. I still have one more game to play against OCA. Hows newyork though?

Users who are viewing this thread