Stadium Editor

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As it is confirmed that there would be a Stadium Editor for TAOC,therefore it is injustice to it for not making a seperate thread for Stadium Editor(SE).Discuss everything about SE here and help in its progress.....

Current team for SE-

1-Lazy_chesnut(Tom)-for 3d work & coding
2-nabeel3494(Nabeel)-for 3d work

if you want to be part of this team,just post your talent and your work previews here.....

SE WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE CRICKET GAMING.....

Last edited:

Tanmay

Club Captain
Stadium Editor will revolutionize cricket gaming i'm in full support

Need any previews of my work nabeel;)??

If anybody still wants previews then check 3d Models of TAOC thread.

:cheers TAOC Team.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
no tanmay,i've seen your work and it is quite nice,but instead of me,LC will select the members as he is more professional than me....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I'm thinking of doing the coding myself. However, I am only thinking of doing this. At the moment I have lots of work on at uni so can't really get too far into this.

This has all got a bit out of hand considering no one has fully committed to making this!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
@LC,it had been confirmed as LM updated TAOC site and he has stated clearly on that site that"In ither news the stadium makers are pushing on and doing some great work - check out the forums to see the latest developments."
this is just copied from TAOC site,which clearly states that LM has also agreed to have a stadium maker,check it out here-http://theartofcricket.net/....

if you are doing coding then it would be good but if LM would code this SE,then it would be great as-
1:he is professional in coding
2:he will code in such a way that this SE would be available as an option in the game.
3:It will stress down your work.

But considering LM,he is too busy in bowling anims etc.,therefore it is becoming confusing for who will code this software.

--Nabeel--

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
guys, lets keep LM out of this.......he already has his hands full with
implementing the bowling anims, bug fixing etc.....
its a very important phase now for TAOC...cant afford too many
distractions !

i've done my job of creating the run-up,bowling anims etc in MAX.....
but if it isnt implemented properly in-game ! then, its pretty much
useless..

thats where LM comes into play...and from what i've seen.....getting it right in-game is equally or in fact more difficult than creating the anims in MAX !

and as the run-up, bowling stride, running anims etc will be the most repeated anims....we need to spot-on.

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
I think this won't be an ingame editor but an external one. LC is a great coder too, have you seen some of the applications he made for BLIC or the stroke editor for C07? He looks to be vastly experienced in graphics programming and stuff too. Believe me, if he can give it his all, we'll have an awesome stadium editor!

I will be glad to help in this after my exams, just one drawback: I have absolutely no idea how to implement the idea! :D

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Ohh noo,we want this editor to be Ingame and not out of the game,if this is an ingame editor,then even noobies can make their own stadium with no such difficulties and also it will give a new look as well as new idea to other Cricket making companies,it should be ingame,and if LC wants to code this software,then he is hardly welcommed.....and if JK has completed is anims then he is also invited to be a part of this project....and yup harrypotter_fan,please if you could post your 3d renders or work images here then it would be easier for us to judge you according to your 3d ability....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
It makes no difference whether it's in-game or external - you'll still be able to do the same things regardless of whether you are a "noobie" or not.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I'd think an external one would be better anyways. Its not something every Tom Dick and Harry would do. Implementing it ingame would only cause more delays. Besides, I think an external one could be developed easier in a Rapid Application Development Language I guess. :)

Go LC, you've awesome skills, we've seen it before!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
okees,if you guys are wanting it out of game then it would be better only...I think.....

anyways @ LC,please make a list of what we will be needing in 3d....

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Lol! You want to see my 3D rendering skills? The only thing I've modeled till now was an old-fashioned red car and that was about two years ago! I'm a pre-beginner in this 3D stuff, so don't expect any brilliant work from me. (I'd like to pull of some surprises though :D)

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
ok guys lets start making Stadium Editor(SE)...

in my opinion we should have the following things in common which should be available in SE...

1-Public Stand
2-Different Types of Roofs
3-Different Parts of Pavilion
4-railing parts etc.
5-Textures(Many types of textures).

if you have any suggestions then post it..

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
OK just so you don't go haring off and end up making stuff which won't get used, here's my basic idea.

There is a folder, in which there are further folders:
- pavillions
- single tier stands
- two tier stands
- three tier stands
- others (lights, tents, grass banks, etc.)

The program loads and looks up the contents of those folders, meaning you can add/remove meshes as you wish.

Then, you get a graphical view of the empty stadium, just showing the adboards, grass and boundary rope. Then, you simply choose meshes to add to the stadium, pick some textures (maybe, more in this later), add stadium name, end names, etc. and export for use in TAOC.

The textures may be changeable by having every stand use the same texture files, by cleverly making the UV mapping. This is something I have to think about though.

Also, don't expect rapid progress on this. As I said before, I'm busy at uni with various things at the moment. Also, this is my first foray into C++ programming and using DirectX. So there is a lot of learning for me to do.

So what you can do in the meantime, is start making some generic models which can be used. Don't worry about texturing for now, but try and make these meshes ultra low-poly.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
@LC: i was thinking somewhat different....

the folder options are good...the program loads....
its like a mini 3ds max or maya dealing with the stadium with only three options
1-move(horizontally only)
2-rotate(horizontally only)
3-scaling

Lights will be dealt by us only and will be there as an option of which type of light you want to choose.
Textures will be present like an enabling or disabling layers like in Photoshop
3d models should also have a colouring option which would simply color the
stand which means the program will also have a color port present....

The Stadium maker will give Adboards with many textures,ropes,and Outside boundary or limit by which Stadium editor or user can judge how long or how measured his stadium would be...

@ LC:we are not in hurry...take your time as you are busy and me too a little as I am modding one more game....and also we have a lot of time...people are saying TAOC will release after 1 year or more which means that we have enough time...we should not make hurry or panic ourselves...and yes in my judgement a curved public stand could have minimum about 10-14 vertices...which i had made back with dhaka stadium...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread