1st Test: England v Australia

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Hmarkas, have you found that article yet? You know, the one with a non-Australian, non-English current player saying the same thing as Freddie and Punter?

P

pcfan123

Hmarkas, have you found that article yet? You know, the one with a non-Australian, non-English current player saying the same thing as Freddie and Punter?

haven't been looking mate. I do not need their approval to know the Ashes are the pinnacle of cricket.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
How would a foreign player now given they haven't played in the Ashes, if you aren't English or Aussie you can never feel the full awesomeness of the Ashes.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
How would a foreign player now given they haven't played in the Ashes, if you aren't English or Aussie you can never feel the full awesomeness of the Ashes.

Well according to skater, everyone wants to play in The Ashes and that's all they ever want to do. So if they want to play in The Ashes, surely they know of and have felt its awesomeness. Ask skater.

Just to clear up, I actually like The Ashes, I'm just not as blinded by it as some are seeing as India aren't a part of it.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Well the South Africans realise it's awesomeness as theyare all getting themselves English passports. You wait, soon it will be the Kiwi's, then the West Indies and the subcontinent. I can't wait to see the England line up for the next series

Sehwag
Smith
Jayawardene
Yousuf
KP
Chanderpaul
Sangakkara
Jimmy
Mendis
Steyn
Murali

P

pcfan123

Already we have Strauss Prior and KP from SA! Some kiwi fellow here also said he thought the ashes were the best. It seems there really is only 1 country who does not think so.

Mercules

Club Cricketer
I personally reckon Tendulkar curses the day he wasn't born in England or Australia and how it's robbed him of an opportunity to play in the Ashes, which even as a little kid was the series he dreamed to play in. Furthermore, he would forsake all his success just to be 12th man in an Ashes match.

Maybe.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I personally reckon Tendulkar curses the day he wasn't born in England or Australia and how it's robbed him of an opportunity to play in the Ashes, which even as a little kid was the series he dreamed to play in. Furthermore, he would forsake all his success just to be 12th man in an Ashes match.

Maybe.

Lol, do you know how much money he would giving up by playing for England instead of India? Cricket is great and all, but it's just a sport at the end of the day. You were joking, but just saying...

shravi added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Already we have Strauss Prior and KP from SA! Some kiwi fellow here also said he thought the ashes were the best. It seems there really is only 1 country who does not think so.

Pakistan? Sri Lanka? Bangladesh? Nice try though.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting that JA is still in your team but Broad isn't. Has the flame gone out?

Really it died the day he crossed the border, ever since then it's been a bit on-off and it will never work out. I am looking for love and have placed an ad in the singles column for an English allrounder, aged 17, in the Leicester area and immensely talented.

However you wait till Shiv Thakor comes along. You should hear some of the rumours about him, his dad making him wear a box to school was my favourite. Future superstar is what I'm hearing and I'll back him all the way. Till he leaves us for a county with more money.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
He did say it, if you would have watched the bloody video and read the articles you would have known, instead of just glancing at my post and writing your nonsensical tirade. Why would you even mention Chris Gayle in an argument about Test Cricket. Shows how much you really know about it.

Do you really drink loads of coffee before replying to my posts (going by your excitement)? I decide what I want to watch (e.g. video) and what not to. When I said "if he said it", I obviously didnt watch the video. But thats not relevant here (me watching it or not). My argument was that, if he said it, he was talking nonsense.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

Why are you getting so worked up about this, Saisrini? It's not like we've invaded other threads trying to convince everyone this series is better. If you don't care about the Ashes, stop posting in this thread. It's tiresome.

I think Football's better than AFL but I've hardly made a post in that thread because I just leave it alone. We're happy in our little Ashes bubble and your rants are falling on deaf ears.

Sorry, maybe my words might give the opinion that I am worked up, but I am actually not. Thats my way of posting.

Did I (or for that matter the Indian fans and those who are not that attracted by the Ashes) wantedly come in here and try to ruin your excitement? Most of us too are geniunely interested to see an exciting series. But if I remember right, it was Stevo or someone (sorry if I am wrong) posted a message "To all the Indian fans, now you know why the Ashes rivalry pwns any rivalry that you have" or something like that. Thats what started this thing.

I might not care about the Ashes, but I am definitely following it. Doesnt that give me a right to post here?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Finally saw the highlights, pretty funny how all the talk was we would struggle against spin and our spinner would be lucky to get 1 wicket. Hilfy was a stand out, good to see him pitching the ball up and getting it to move into the rightie.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
That is just one big country as far as I am concerned. Before 1950 it was all India. My grandfather is older than them,
Uh oh, first we're confusing Ireland and Northern Ireland, now we're lumping Pakistanis and Indians together... we're just asking for a revolt.

Users who are viewing this thread