Introducing Mamba Games, your friendly neighborhood cricket publisher!

Rafey

Mindstorm Studios Representative
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone.

As you've probably come across our recent announcement, Mindstorm Studios and Mamba Games have signed a publishing agreement to bring you CR in more ways than one.

I'd like to introduce everyone at Planet Cricket to the good folks at Mamba, in particular, their Commercial Director Jason Codd. I'm sure you have a lot of questions concerning aspects of CR other than just gameplay, and they'd be glad to respond to them!

From all of us to Mamba: welcome aboard!

D

Dutch

Congratulations guys and good luck with the launch of this game. Many people are looking forward to it and hoping it lives up to its potential and promises!:)

jasonc

Mamba Games Representative
Afternoon Guys - hope you are all well and thank you for the introducton! Firstly, myself and the Mamba Games team are really looking forward to working on "Cricket Revolution" and we are also available to help with your concerns of the release and also any questions you may have. We want you guys to have the best available options via retail and digital so you get the opportunity to play the game as soon as its released! We are working really hard getting the product to retail all over the world as we feel the game is one of a kind and I hope you all support the product as this will in turn support Mindstorm Studios to make the next game!

I am here to answer all of your questions so please fire away and I will do the best to answer them!

Jason Codd
Commercial Director
Mamba Games Ltd
Mamba Games Ltd - Adventure PC Games Publisher

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
jasonc, first of all wellcome to PC buddy. just wanna ask you, will CR be availible on a DVD disc. or do you just have to download it

diaskasun added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

and if you can please explain us about CR's AI game play !! do you think its going to be more realistic then ashes 09 and if so, how?

ksduded

Club Cricketer
to Mamba games... will the box copy be available in Canada/US?

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Will it be available in India :p

and also possible pricing

jasonc

Mamba Games Representative
Hi All and thank you for the welcome! It is nice to hear from you all! To answer your questions as best I can at this present time

1) Yes, CR will be available as a full boxed copy, you can either purchase from the Mamba Games website (Mamba Games Ltd - Adventure PC Games Publisher) or you can purchase from Amazon/Play.com and or in retail stores such as GAME, HMV etc. What I will say, if you purchase from the Mamba store we are looking at giving FREE delivery to the first 500 purchasers.

2) In terms of the difference of Ashes and CR. Well firstly what we need to realise is that Ashes was a 6-10m€ development, where as we are working on a strict budget. For me to say that CR is "more realistic" or has "better AI" is down to what I call "personal opinion" in my mind CR is right up there with Ashes in all aspects (apart from the official licneses) but we are looking at more than an "arcade" game, we are looking at a community game whereas players can enjoy and may I say for less than half the "Ashes" price. We wanted to work on a ?14.99 price point to show the end consumer that CR is better value for money than Ashes and hopefully this will persuade even the "Ashes" fans to give it a go.

3) In terms of the US release - we are in discussions with distribution possibilities so I cannot "guarantee" that CR will be available (boxed version) in the likes of Wallmart by 30th October, but as soon as we have news we of course will fill you in. What I would suggest is that you purchase from our store and you will receive within 5 working days.

4) With Regards to India - Mindstorm have been in discussions with some parties there so we are evaluating the best route to retail - we are looking into at this present moment a free delivery service to ALL territories globally for the release of the game as we understand you all have been waiting for along time, so as a compensation from Mamba to all the fans, we can give back a little something so this is a possibility that we can proceed. The RRP in India is something still in discussion.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Hmm release in India still in discussions If you won't release it then probably you will miss one of the biggest cricketing markets in Asia Especially if the price is comparatively less then Ac09.

manu1234

School Cricketer
hello Jason.I have a little suggestion to you.Please pice it very competitively ie to say <250 rupees.As it is in your website the game can be run in a decent pc without using a graphic card,the game can be a massive hit in india if priced correctly.We indians as you know are huge cricket fans and are still waiting for a good cricket game as far as gameplay goes.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Afternoon Guys - hope you are all well and thank you for the introducton! Firstly, myself and the Mamba Games team are really looking forward to working on "Cricket Revolution" and we are also available to help with your concerns of the release and also any questions you may have. We want you guys to have the best available options via retail and digital so you get the opportunity to play the game as soon as its released! We are working really hard getting the product to retail all over the world as we feel the game is one of a kind and I hope you all support the product as this will in turn support Mindstorm Studios to make the next game!

I am here to answer all of your questions so please fire away and I will do the best to answer them!

Jason Codd
Commercial Director
Mamba Games Ltd
Mamba Games Ltd - Adventure PC Games Publisher

Hi Jason,

Nice to have you here on these boards. I have two questions for you:

1) What will be done to manage the online multiplayer component? As you may be aware, another cricket game has been riddled with problems because of online quitters. What penalties will be imposed on players who quit because they are losing a match?

2) It was mentioned somewhere that the AI adapts to changes in the game. Can you expand on this? Will the AI play sensibly for the full number of overs, and try to chase down targets in a cricket-like fashion?

Thanks.

oh_me

School Cricketer
hello Jason.I have a little suggestion to you.Please pice it very competitively ie to say <250 rupees.As it is in your website the game can be run in a decent pc without using a graphic card,the game can be a massive hit in india if priced correctly.We indians as you know are huge cricket fans and are still waiting for a good cricket game as far as gameplay goes.

250 Rupees is like $5 ..... talk about optimistic.

Collingwood50

Club Cricketer
No Questions from me unless your taking them about gameplay.

I think It's brilliant that you guys are getting so involved, Codies and EA could learn heaps from you guys!

I also think this thread should be moved to the standard cricket games forum!

Good Luck Guys!

Allrounder18

Banned
Surely it will be available in Pakistan right from the release date right? Otherwise it will be a terrible job from mind-storm and they will get labeled something like "Money hungry Raccoon"

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Surely it will be available in Pakistan right from the release date right? Otherwise it will be a terrible job from mind-storm and they will get labeled something like "Money hungry Raccoon"
The company is based in Pakistan, specifically Lahore :)

Also, anybody can download it on the release date from Steam as far as I know.

P

pcfan123

No Questions from me unless your taking them about gameplay.

I think It's brilliant that you guys are getting so involved, Codies and EA could learn heaps from you guys!

I also think this thread should be moved to the standard cricket games forum!

Good Luck Guys!

Lets not get carried away , Mambo games has not done anything just yet, full credit to the developers for having a very transparent and open process but as far as I can tell the publishers have not done anything yet.

They can only either distribute it on time or screw it up , time will tell.

I just dont want people to get their hopes up like we do for every cricket game, only to be disappointed. The cycle of heartache and frustration has been going on for the better part of a decade and probably will continue.

Users who are viewing this thread