HowsDAT !?! V1.0

T20

Panel of Selectors
HowsDAT !?! v 1.0 Developed by Shailesh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howsdat.jpg

Features :
Use HowsDAT to change the Confidence, Stamina and Ball wear which affect
run rates, shot selections and swing. Change these settings at any stage
during the game to reflect real life conditions.

e.g.
* Set the batsman confidence to low after a drinks break as
they rebuild their innings from scratch.
* Change the bowler confidence and stamina to face a testing spell from AI
opponent or boost your strike bowler for that one last crucial over.
* Change ball wear when conditions are perfect for early reverse swing.

(HowsDAT has been tested on beta patch 2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions:
1. Unzip/Unrar the program in any folder you like.
2. Run HowsDAT.exe.
3. Select a save game file (.DAT) by clicking on "Browse...".
4. Adjust the settings you wish to change using the slider and click "Save".
As you change the slider, the checkbox next to it will get checked.
The checkboxes allow you to select which settings you want to update in your game.
Before clicking save, make sure you have only those checkboxes checked for settings
you want updated. e.g. leave the Ball wear checkbox unchecked if you don't
want to update ball wear in the game or leave the Bowler confidence unchecked if
you want it to remain unchanged.

* Note that due to some limitations, the settings you see after opening
a game are not the current/actual settings from the save game, and are set
to 0 by default. Best use of HowsDAT is to leave it open while playing a game,
save your game and alt+tab to it whenever you want to change the settings
and then reload the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would appreciate if you guys test this in your matches and post your feedback here. Also use this thread to discuss the best settings to use etc.

Hows DAT !?!
Shailesh

Attachments

• HowsDAT.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 190
  • HowsDAT.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ nothing , if im not wrong, it will work only on saved games

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Love the way you do your program naming! :D

When I open my save files I see everything on worn out/timid/0. Also what does the checkbox after the slider do?

T20

Panel of Selectors
Love the way you do your program naming! :D

When I open my save files I see everything on worn out/timid/0. Also what does the checkbox after the slider do?

:D
Due to some limitations, the settings are set to 0 by default and are not the current settings in the save file. The checkbox, when checked will save that setting, so you can select which setting you want to update. e.g. leave the ball wear unchecked if you don't want to update it.

I have updated instructions in 1st post to give some more details on how to use it.

Last edited:

T20

Panel of Selectors
The description looks interesting.
Will give my feedback soon.

thanks all who are testing. Interested to see how the settings affect gameplay, low batsman settings should make batting much harder and for AI to bat more realistically.

D

Dutch

Excellent! Have been using it successfully in my Ashes series and I love the way that I can now let the batsmen re-build an innings after any breaks or landmarks. It works well in combination of getting the bowlers confidence up as well to challenge my batting. All round well done!

T20

Panel of Selectors
glad to hear that dutchad :) I've just started a test match and planning to reset my batsman settings every 5 overs or after adding 25 runs..so there are plenty of strategies one can try to make things interesting :D

jonah

International Coach
S, excellent program as always (expected no less from you, I still remember using your excellent SavTweak prgram many a time back in the old c2k5 days (I think)).

Just one question, if any boxes are unchecked do the settings revert back to the default game ones? In other words, if I'd set a batsman to 'confident', then a few overs later unchecked his box would his confidence levels revert to whatever it is ingame?

T20

Panel of Selectors
Hi mate,

nice to hear you are liking HowsDAT like it's ancestors :)

when you uncheck a checkbox and save, your ingame levels are retained for that setting. e.g. say you set batsman1 confidence to 'confident' and saved it. Then during your play, it fell down to 'Timid'. You went back to HowsDAT and changed batsman2 and bowler levels and unchecked batsman 1 confidence checkbox. Now when you save, all the checked settings will be updated but batsman1 confidence will remain 'Timid' i.e. it's ingame level.

S

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
its gicing me an error so should i send you the file that was made automatically in the folder? I mean as soon as i got the error, another .dat file was created in the Howsdat folder. do you want me to send you that file?

Users who are viewing this thread