Instigators do not get punished enough - Anil Kumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are free to perceive things the way you want to. I obviously can't help you and no one can if you want to perceive everything and everyone against your opinion as being a douchebag. You are the reason why there are fights in every thread as you just want to state your opinion on everything under the sun and blame the other guy for having an opinion. I'm as free to have an opinion as you are. So thats how it goes. :)

And don't play the generalization card because I don't agree with you. This end's here. You can call me whatever you want to. :)

Coming back to topic- As for Kumble's opinion on the subject, I thing he pointed out some interesting things there about the Simon Katich incident

Last edited:
Well here we go again :facepalm
On the topic. I feel Kumble has made a valid point. ICC match referees have got a very negative perception about them in this part of the world (south Asia). I think that needs to be sorted out.

Fining the instigators only 25% and 10% of their match fees, but banning the main victim for two matches is a tad unfair IMO. Yeah, I know, Haddin pleaded guilty. But even if you plead guilty for your offence, a fine of just 25% of your match fee still remains too light a punishment to get away with. Some changes need to be made to the ICC laws.

As for that Delhi test thing Kumble mentioned, yes, what Gambhir did there was utterly despicable and he deserved the ban. But it being said, Katich deserved the ban too. Why didn't the authorities impose the same punishment on him as well? People really need to be impartial and consistent with their decisions.

Last edited:
Absolutely KC. Roshan Mahanama, among many others, comes first to my mind when talking about impartial and consistent decisions

This is a public forum so expect replies from lots of people when you act like a douchebag and play the race card for no reason. I dont care if they ban me from this forum, you are the reason why so many people hate Indian cricket fans.

Didn't you say the same thing about MSD? :laugh

Anyways I disagree with RDF, Hmarka hardly ever causes trouble.

That King_of_Cricket guy sounds alright, but he still looks suspicious :spy

Kumble's comments were a bit out of place, as he basically insinuated that the Aussie provoke a lot of spats (Like certain Dravid fans on this forum...). Might be a grain of truth in that, because the Aussies are reported to be heavy sledgers.

There has to be a line drawn though. Light hearted sledging is fine, but if people go out of the way to provoke a fight, to start something, then yea, they should be fined as badly as those who react.

In the Benn/Haddin case though, from what I've seen, it wasn't anything that bad.

It doesnt matter who started it, what is this- the playground? Whoever commits the worst act gets punished the worst, as in REAL LIFE. "steve" walks up to a guy - "paul" at a pub, hits him, that Paul then beats the crap out of him to within an inch of his life. Paul is going to jail, for a long time.

And as for bat waiving, is this for real? I remember Haynes waving his bat at Healy in 91, Ponting waving his bat at Prasad in 99, etc. SO WHAT? Waving a bat is not the crime of the century, nor is it huge enough to warrant physical contact.

The whole mess is out of hand anyway, all parties invloved went over the top. Johnson and Benn shouldve just said sorry mate after the collision and be done with it.

It doesnt matter who started it, what is this- the playground? Whoever commits the worst act gets punished the worst, as in REAL LIFE. "steve" walks up to a guy - "paul" at a pub, hits him, that Paul then beats the crap out of him to within an inch of his life. Paul is going to jail, for a long time.

:clap

I have come to the conclusions that Aussies tries everything to get a player involved in controversy. They know they have no match for Benn, so they thoughts it's better to annoy him. Infact the Aussies get annoyed easily with good performance of opposition.
Wish Haddin would have been struck by Roach rather than Ponting. :p
Apart from the fact West Indies got beat 2-0 and probably haven't won a test/test series against Australia in a while?

I don't think there's anything left to argue about his case when he has already pleaded guilty.

Why make a thread about it then, if there is nothing left to argue?:facepalm

There goes Zorax again :sarcasm

Anil Kumble makes sense and to see someone like him come out in the open and say/write what he did really reflects the perception people have these days about instigators, be it of any country, race, color, ethinicity, pink, purple, blue, brown, white, black.... any really.

You can't play the race card, because you can't speak for every race! Cos, I don't agree with him, so you can kick that colour ot of it, I have never met anyone purple or brown either?

You are free to perceive things the way you want to. I obviously can't help you and no one can if you want to perceive everything and everyone against your opinion as being a douchebag. You are the reason why there are fights in every thread as you just want to state your opinion on everything under the sun and blame the other guy for having an opinion. I'm as free to have an opinion as you are. So thats how it goes. :)

And don't play the generalization card because I don't agree with you. This end's here. You can call me whatever you want to. :)

Nope, Hmarka has a point, you are the one who is involved in every fight, and you still can't see it as you provoking everyone?

Absolutely KC. Roshan Mahanama, among many others, comes first to my mind when talking about impartial and consistent decisions

I wonder why :sarcasm

There has to be a line drawn though. Light hearted sledging is fine, but if people go out of the way to provoke a fight, to start something, then yea, they should be fined as badly as those who react.

I don't think your gonna find light hearted sledging around ;)

And as for bat waiving, is this for real? I remember Haynes waving his bat at Healy in 91, Ponting waving his bat at Prasad in 99, etc. SO WHAT? Waving a bat is not the crime of the century, nor is it huge enough to warrant physical contact.

The whole mess is out of hand anyway, all parties invloved went over the top. Johnson and Benn shouldve just said sorry mate after the collision and be done with it.

Have to agree with TumTum! :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread