Terrible pieces of sportsmanship in cricket - disgraceful Randiv

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
No one cares because it isn't a big deal man. Sehwag doesn't care, whats the big deal then. Everyone knows how bad it was and thats it we move on.

Hitterman

International Coach
I considered Randiv as SL's new talent but it's a real big shame. Sehwag doesn't need centuries to prove his talent, he is a world known talent and probably the best opener in current cricket.

DevilKid

School Cricketer
No one cares because it isn't a big deal man. Sehwag doesn't care, whats the big deal then. Everyone knows how bad it was and thats it we move on.

I agree! Let MCC and ICC sort it out. What can we do?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

I agree to that. I think we can keep this thread to discuss other events as such which happened in the past or will happen in the time to come. Hope not many though.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
Sri Lanka is no longer our best friend :noway Think West Indies should be our new best friend now. :) Sri Lanka has hurt our feelings :crying
Let's not go over the top here. It was a bad incident, and this needs to be stamped out. That is all. I repeat, the incident itself is not a huge deal in terms of consequence , but I do think it's a big deal in terms of poor taste.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think Dare makes a better point, the fact the match is over as soon as the no-ball is called is worth disputing. why not just count the runs from it as well. silly.

but I do agree, it was terribly cynical, and it's not how I like to see to cricketers conduct themselves. There are some similarities between this and broad's recent actions, I hope Randiv doesn't make any sort of habit of this as, unlike broad, he looks like he's really talented.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Let's not go over the top here. It was a bad incident, and this needs to be stamped out. That is all.

If it affected the match somehow yea but it just affected run for one guy who doesn't really care about one run. Also it isn't the first time it has happened and there arent threads about it. It has been a part of cricket for as long as cricket has existed, or at least the wides, no balls and what not.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
If it affected the match somehow yea but it just affected run for one guy who doesn't really care about one run. Also it isn't the first time it has happened and there arent threads about it. It has been a part of cricket for as long as cricket has existed, or at least the wides, no balls and what not.
No, I agree with you man. I've been saying that for the past few posts. Let's not have another post saying it wasn't a big deal, you've made your point. And this goes to future posters as well, no point everyone butting in saying it's not a big deal.

What I'm saying is that he did it despite it not having an effect on the match, so there's really no way I can sympathise with him. For example, in the football worldcup Suarez punched the ball from the goal line. Whilst I love Ghana and think he should be hanged for that (:p), I can at least sympathise with his actions. I can see why he did it, he had a reasonable argument for doing so. In Randiv's case, it doesn't help anyone.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I think we can keep this thread to discuss other events as such which happened in the past or will happen in the time to come. Hope not many though.

I am pretty sure that in the coming days something like this will come up on cricinfo. They will probably collect a bunch of bad incidents and add some comments about them.

IMO the worst is the underarm ball and from the ones I have seen it was the English and India appealing for Inzamams wicket after throwing the ball at him.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
No, I agree with you man. I've been saying that for the past few posts. Let's not have another post saying it wasn't a big deal, you've made your point. And this goes to future posters as well, no point everyone butting in saying it's not a big deal.

What I'm saying is that he did it despite it not having an effect on the match, so there's really no way I can sympathise with him. For example, in the football worldcup Suarez punched the ball from the goal line. Whilst I love Ghana and think he should be hanged for that (:p), I can at least sympathise with his actions. I can see why he did it, he had a reasonable argument for doing so. In Randiv's case, it doesn't help anyone.

If the Sri Lankans in some way thought that Dhoni and Sehwag were dragging a finished match further then it should have gone then for them it had a point to prove. Dhoni could have finished it but he decided to do the thing that any other teammate would have done but then it also took longer then it should have so Randiv on his own or by the order of someone else just decided to end it.

I think for the Lankans it was more about ending the match then trying to stop Sehwag from scoring the century.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
It was a bitch move, no doubt about it. I did not know that fact that this happens all the time. Idk why it should. A batsman should get his 100, why should be bowler disallowed him to do so? What's in it for the bowler? NOTHING. And that's what makes it even worse.

But I am sure next time Radvi faces Sehwag, he will get his ans.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
What's Sehwag really going to not get from Randiv bowling the no-ball in all honesty? He's gonna miss out on another 6 runs to a career tally and another 1 added to his 100's column.

In all honesty, he hasn't just lost his life cos someone bowled a no-ball. I mean he's got 12 of them, 12/13 does it really make much difference in the end?

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Don't hate the whole Sri Lanakan team though. I don't see some one like Murali doing that, EVER!

I hate Sagakara and Mahela's attitude, now there is one more to that list.

Users who are viewing this thread