Spot Fixing Scandal Thread: The Legend Continues

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The more we learn, the more I'm all for banning them all together.

P

pcfan123

Same here, I had some sympathy are first but it just seems they are crooks by nature.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I give a lot of crap to the Indian media for overdoing things, but NOTW takes the cake here.

Read the article about Yasir Hameed and watch the video - 2 completely different stories IMO.

Also there's no proof the texts are well... real. If Majeed's mobile is in possession of Scotland Yard, then how does NOTW have access to it? I doubt there's a leak in Scotland Yard.

I still believe these allegations are real and true, but NOTW are certainly not helping themselves. If the PCB had an ounce of intelligence, they could easily sue the pants off NOTW (based on current evidence released).

rocky_g

International Cricketer
I give a lot of crap to the Indian media for overdoing things, but NOTW takes the cake here.

Read the article about Yasir Hameed and watch the video - 2 completely different stories IMO.

Also there's no proof the texts are well... real. If Majeed's mobile is in possession of Scotland Yard, then how does NOTW have access to it? I doubt there's a leak in Scotland Yard.

I still believe these allegations are real and true, but NOTW are certainly not helping themselves. If the PCB had an ounce of intelligence, they could easily sue the pants off NOTW (based on current evidence released).

I agree. It was like they were putting words in his mouth. May be they should show the whole video.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I agree. It was like they were putting words in his mouth. May be they should show the whole video.
Not only that, but suppousedly the 2004 Champions Trophy Semi-Final was fixed too according to NOTW (as said by Yasir suppousedly).

That was NOWHERE in the video. Also they were putting words in his mouth, and he was just like "That's what the media were saying, so sure"

I mean WTF? Yasir hasn't said anything or done anything wrong other than to drink (but that's a different discussion).

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Not only that, but suppousedly the 2004 Champions Trophy Semi-Final was fixed too according to NOTW (as said by Yasir suppousedly).

That was NOWHERE in the video. Also they were putting words in his mouth, and he was just like "That's what the media were saying, so sure"

I mean WTF? Yasir hasn't said anything or done anything wrong other than to drink (but that's a different discussion).

This Yasir Hameed's video was nothing lol. This won't prove anything.

blake

School Cricketer
Except that NOTW are full of morons and straight up liars.

LOL

Insomniac never changes his biased views. I'm surprised he hasn't already claimed the entire Pakistani team is innocent, or maybe he already has and I just haven't seen him.

zub2005

International Coach
It is a hard one and NOTW, must write a bit of rubbish here and there. Innoncent till proven guilty.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
LOL

Insomniac never changes his biased views. I'm surprised he hasn't already claimed the entire Pakistani team is innocent, or maybe he already has and I just haven't seen him.
They are claiming that Yasir Hameed said that the ICC Champions Trophy Semi-Final was fixed, as well as making other absurd claims which are NOWHERE near substantiated or even mentioned in the video.

Also, are you blind? I've clearly stated above that I believe they're guilty, but NOTW haven't done a very good job after intially finding out about it.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I saw the interview. People who understand Hinid or urdu would know that mazhar was putting words in yasirs mouth. Anyways another sad day for cricket.

sami ullah khan added 6 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Pakistanis are crooks by nature, just ban them all together.

Kindly try and be reasonable in your statements. I expect mods to at least warn the maker of such ridiculously generalized statements. And yeah, I have seen your explanation and I still think your statement is derogatory for many Pakistani members here.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Hameed didn't report any incidents to the ACSU, so if it is true that he was approached, he actually is punishable under the Anti-Corruption Code for a minimum 1 year.

Last edited:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sri Lankan player under ICC investigation

Now it's Sri Lanka then! With the number of players coming out in public and saying how they were approached by bookies ever since NOTW dropped the bomb, I won't be surprised if India's or Australia's name pops up tomorrow.

This Pakistan thing is only the tip of the iceberg. I am afraid there may be many more players from many other countries involved. This is also a failure of ICC's anti corruption unit.

Users who are viewing this thread