Mohammad Amir meets the PCB

Saj001

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
he did one little mistake and he got into BIG trouble. He was kind of forced to do a no ball, by Salman Butt and the other guy. people sometimes say he was nothing at bowling but this is what Wasim Akram says: He is the Second Wasim Akram...

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Anyone saying he was a bad bowler isn't worth listening to. The only real disagreement is over what was an appropriate punishment.

Saj001

School Cricketer
Anyone saying he was a bad bowler isn't worth listening to. The only real disagreement is over what was an appropriate punishment.

most of it was his fault but he loved cricket and he thought , butt would take him out of the team if he didn't agree

Sureshot

Executive member
All of his part in it was his fault and no one else's. Welcome to responsibility and being an adult.

sattar

Club Captain
Come on he was great prospect but what he is done is not acceptable.its wrong and is rightly punished because next player will be knowing that if u do fixing u will be out for 5 years and bad repo for pak as well

Epic

Panel of Selectors
All of his part in it was his fault and no one else's. Welcome to responsibility and being an adult.

Basically this. I'm younger than Amir and I know enough to not go around fixing matches for $$$$ or my place in the XI.

I've always wondered something though, what would've happened if he was 17 at the time and not 18, he certainly wouldn't be considered an 'adult'. (yes I know i'm getting into the whole ifs and buts thing, but it's just a thought)

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Amir was from a poor village background, forced into it by Butt and Majid, who took advantage of his inexperience and innocence. At least some slack should be cut for him.

All these come into account, and oh wait, one thing what makes me excuse Aamir and reduce his punishment is that he was forced to bowl a no ball. If you are such an youngster and if you do not listen to what your senior says, you cannot getaway easily, and you may not get into playing XI from next game.

Just one thing, if your senior asks you to skip class, you need to do it. And once you get caught outside wandering to a lecturer, you will not say that your senior has forced you to do so. But if you get caught with your senior, action will not be against you- it'll be completely against your senior, unless you commit something extraordinarily wrong (Do not call bowling a deliberate no ball a "extraordinary" crime, because when doing that to keep the batsmen away from reaching century/reaching to their personal records, this ain't an "extraordinary" one). And for skipping a class, you will be punished by marking absent, which is the punishment to be given to Amir.

----------

And in my opinion, he should be get a green signal by 2013 August, so that he gets some fair amount of punishment and also enough time to prepare for the WC.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Basically this. I'm younger than Amir and I know enough to not go around fixing matches for $$$$ or my place in the XI.

I've always wondered something though, what would've happened if he was 17 at the time and not 18, he certainly wouldn't be considered an 'adult'. (yes I know i'm getting into the whole ifs and buts thing, but it's just a thought)
His age allowed him to avoid a proper prison sentence, though he still did time. The thing I think is most relevant to his ICC status is not leniency but rehabilitation. As a person completely banned from cricket he's not a weapon against corruption. At the moment he can't even do interviews, so he produces no positive publicity on the subject at all. It's really only through reform that you can truly protect the game, because there's nothing stopping a banned cricketer from going full time as a bookie's agent.

Saj001

School Cricketer
It's true he did it for money, not the money which butt was going to give him, his cricket salary.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
This argument is never ending. They are people on both sides of the fence who are unlikely to cross over. The decision has been made and his focus shouldnt be on getting his sentenced reduced, but focussing on a comeback in 2015

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In....teresting.

Users who are viewing this thread